Handling after a Feed.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack92

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys I just recently purchased a Jungle/Diamond Python, and on Thursday I fed him a nice Fuzzy. Was just wondering how long I should wait before handling him again? I thought I would at least give it two days, but I'm not quite sure on this.

Yeah I just didn't wanna upset him haha. Thanks

I tend to hold off untill he's passed it through...

Haha, if I did that I'd be waiting 5 weeks! My male jungle usually poops once a month if I'm lucky!

But yeah, I usually wait for 36-48 hours before I handle mine unless I absolutely have to.

Haha, if I did that I'd be waiting 5 weeks! My male jungle usually poops once a month if I'm lucky!

But yeah, I usually wait for 36-48 hours before I handle mine unless I absolutely have to.

Same here.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

The general rule of thumb when feeding is the bump You know your snake has been feed enough if you can easily see the food bump after feeding. As soon as the bump can no longer be easily seen it is safe to handle.

I just must be lucky then. Every 5-6 days after a feed ill take mine outside on the grass and he'll usually start to pass within the first 2 minutes!!

Last edited:
2 day rule might be ok with small pythons
but try same time on a bigger one and you might be throwing your clothes in the bin
half digested food has got to be the worst stink ever made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back