hard to handle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks people, turns out the person I got him off was missleading he's not aggressive like she made out. I'm going to get a hook to get him out and was suggested to wash hands before handling so I don't smell like dinner. He had helps of handling yesterday and was well behaved and he was being passed around heaps moved lots and just went with it. Dosent like coming out but didn't bite just tried to run and hide in his rock hissed for a bit once came out but didn't try or look like he wanted to strike.

What a shame you didn't have the python from a young age as most of these kind of behaviors can be corrected( if your python is the agreeable type) Is the behavior different when the animal is in its enclosure as apposed to when it's out? Maybe I sound like a dill but I think my pythons can tell when I feel uneasy picking them up.......for safety purposes maybe a good old snake hook and keeping your Bredli away from your face and handling as much as you can will help you out. Feel free to correct me if none of this is helpful......... Kinda hope it is though- good luck.

Glad to hear that it might have just been some mis-information.

I think if you approach your python with respect, move slowly and camly and always give them the opportinuty to go where they want to go, as well as where you need them to go, it seems to work really well.

Our Bredli is the most amazing handler, but a nightmare to get out of his enclosure, he is one big clamp. Our Jungle, being a little more flighty, tends to move away when he is touched, so is easier to manouvre and pretty much just wriggles out of his enclosure himself.

Looks like you are getting more confident and making progress already. Keep us updated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back