Harry butler and carpet python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome! This is how it should be done.
I work in the film/tv industry and have been planning some reptile based productions but am still searching for a good host. This guy has a nice approach.

I loved Harry butler

and he always said 'better put it back'

really calm Im sick of all this carry on of oh its so wild and dangerous and i nearly died rubbish

I used to love his series, and yes, MUCH better than the modern day 'hunters'! No fuss no mess so to speak. Much more preferable and so much better to watch without all the hoo-ha!

Harry was a champ. I bet he would have laugh his head off if he saw the video that was shown on here the other day with a guy trying to get a rather large python out of a water filled cave screaming over n over I got a bit bite...lmao. RIP Harry ;)

He's not dead Smithers, or if he is I hadn't heard. I loved his show so much when I was a kid, my dad took me to Sydney to meet him at the museum, the same year, my dad took me to meet Eric Worrell..I was spoilt huh.

Yep I still have his books that he signed for me when I was a hell of a lot younger!

I grew up watching In The Wild. The entire series should be made available on DVD, if it isn't already. Classic show!

He's not dead Smithers, or if he is I hadn't heard. I loved his show so much when I was a kid, my dad took me to Sydney to meet him at the museum, the same year, my dad took me to meet Eric Worrell..I was spoilt huh.

OOPS!!! I was thinking of Malcolm Douglas,..Soz for the scare..Fella's

I used to watch IN THE WILD on tv then go around sticking my hands into hollow logs etc expecting to pull out all kinds of fauna just like Harry Butler did. Scared the bejeebers out of mum and dad. He seemed like a magician pulling rabbits out of hats:)

Absolute legend. I believe his In The Wild series may be available through ABC shop or something like that. He is still active in his conservation efforts and I believe still has a lot to do with the environmental management of Barrow island.

I've got a personally signed paperback from Harry Butler, it was a long time ago, probably 30+ yrs when I brought a green tree frog in to see him at a signing. GTF's weren't to my knowledge very popular as a pet back then, certainly not one that was raised from a taddy :) HB's words were " What a lovely specimen" as the crowd of grey-haired ladies who had flocked to see him took a gasp and stepped back from the blonde-haired kid presenting his idol with his pet frog :D Those were the days!! Wide-eyed and a world full of mystery :D

Hell, I even went and dug it out to post it on here! :D Perhaps one of my most treasured autographs!

photo.jpg

Last edited:
i loved this show as a kid growing up in 70,s/80,s
i was in cub scouts and they used to call me harry butler cause i loved the same things as him.I have fond memories of this man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back