hatchlings in love? :p

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greggles91

Reaction score
Hey every one,

So what I do for my hatchings is i partition a 60 cm enclosure into two, one snake in each partition as seen in this pic.
abyvejer.jpg

This works great for me and all snakes I've had like this seem to thrive.

I have two coastals in this set up and they are around 4-5 months old. After over a month or so in this set up it seems like my female has found a gap Last night and made her way into the males side of the enclosure. So I took her out out her into he side and went to bed. Woke up in the morning and had a quick look before work and she was back in the males side. Once again I took her out located the gap and I'm going to fill it tomorrow.

She seems very persistent as she's back in his enclosure tonight and they are literally snuggling together it is soo cute!! Check out the two all comfy :p

e6u7usu3.jpg
u3aze6uj.jpg

I'm going to leave them over night and fix the gap in the morning. I'm sure this would be fine?

Any one else experienced anything like this?

Is it possible for them to form a bond/partnership/friendship or what ever?

Cheers!

It really comes down to personal preference as whether to keep them separated or not, plenty of threads with debates over this topic. My sister has a pair of Macs together and has no problems at all. She just separates them at feeding time and all is well. Also, they are so cute and stunning coastals :)

You don't have to go to all the trouble of separating them they can live happily for years together. I have 6 female coastals and diamonds yearlings together no probs, 12 adults and sub adults together mixed females the only thing I keep separate are the males when at breeding age. I breed every year and had no fatalities due to fighting etc. I have had this type of setup for over twenty years.

Thanks for the replies.

I wasn't looking at starting a debate on weather u can keep pythons together or not :p as I wasn't Intending to keep them together at all and not askin if its ok or not.. ... Although I won't lie it does intrigue me and I love seeing them together.. :)

Just thought I'd share this and see if any one else has notice any snakes of their having particular bonding with another or any comments...

regards

yeah, my childrens pythons have 3 hides in their enclosure and i always fine them in the one hide together same as my darwins.

Ahh they look familiar! I wouldn't worry too much about them being together as long as their is space for them to get away from each other (hides etc).

Great to see them looking so good!

Ahh they look familiar! I wouldn't worry too much about them being together as long as their is space for them to get away from each other (hides etc).

Great to see them looking so good!

Yeah they got a spacer and two hides each. Prob just gonna feel up the gap tomorrow. Not sure if it was their the whole time cause tool her a while to find it.

Yeah they've grown quote a bit! :) and both eating like machines.. Very happy with these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back