hatchy corns

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoolander

Not so new Member
Reaction score
one of my females just laid her 4th clutch since 5th September, three others about to this week. 5/9 clutch hatched 2/12, 6/9 clutch hatched 7/12. 12/9 and 13/9 clutches due this week.

Attachments

• IMG_0782r.jpg
    IMG_0782r.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0800r.jpg
    IMG_0800r.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0805r.jpg
    IMG_0805r.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0808r.jpg
    IMG_0808r.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 241
Forgive my ignorance, but they don't appear to be corns... I'm thinking maybe leaf tails???

Slimy,

The are Saltuarius cornutus, Northern Leaftails...never heard of them referred to as "corns" but they aren't all that common in captivity either.

Oh, thanks Jonno - I had noticed we were in the 'exotics' threads - that's why I assumed corn snakes - but it fits in well with 'other reptiles' I guess.

Thanks for clearing that up :) I've learnt something new!

the medium you are hatching them in looks pretty wet, obviously it works. great stuff, cornutus are very hard to come across. what temps do you incubate at?

hehe i think the title 'hatchy corns' was an attention getter ;)
Congrats though, i have always thought leaf tails have an interesting looking head.

the medium you are hatching them in looks pretty wet, obviously it works. great stuff, cornutus are very hard to come across. what temps do you incubate at?

medium is just moist sphagnum. temp is 25.5 deg celsius, and just a quick calculation i make it 88 and 92 days for the first two clutches.

thanks bec

cooking some swani at the moment, and i have some salebrosus which won't be of size to breed until next year

Beautiful animals Zoolander; congratulations..
Gems of the rainforest...definitely my favourite species of geckos.
The colour and pattern are simply stunning.
My leafies have also had a good season; I'm expecting the first eggs to start hatching by the end of the week...cant wait; cute little buggers ;)

i just swaped over to this thread from the renting and reptiles one to see witch argument was bigger lol.
great leaf tails there would love a pair of them look great

great to see you are breeding these and putting up valuable info regarding incubation temps and duration. if they are laying in early september, they must first mate in the very middle of winter, right?

2 more out today, eggs laid on 13/9, so that's 92 days for these fellas. about another three weeks before the next round start hatching.

Nice stuff zoolander! They are very cool critters. I was frustrated to the max when ari posted the young adult pair up for sale not long back. Too many bills right now, I just couldn't do it :cry:
At what age have yours matured at and do you use the sphagnum moss as a substrate or just in a laying tub?

Corns

Hey i thought you meant cornsnakes anyhow ill keep looking

Do you mind telling me where I can get sphagnum from ?? What was the ratio for it ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back