Hatchy Feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther_brad

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how long I should leave the pinky in the vivarium if my python decides not to eat it.. it has eaten before just decided not to this time Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

More info needed.... Type of snake... Enclosure size and temps... Age of snake

I would personally only leave it there for 10 mins or so then check up on it later. If the snake hasn't started inspecting it I would remove it.

Exact age im not sure its the 1 in my avatar if that helps its an Albino Het I believe of a Darwin Carpet 4 ft viv n its about 33 deg in there

cool mate. How long have you had it and it is normally a good feeder?
Might be due for an upsize if its on pinkies?

It's fed twice before with me so I've had it for jz over 3 weeks n ok thanks ill give that a go. Thanks

Yea I left it overnight and it ate just after I left for work so was for future reference Thanks

ah ok cool. Sounds like it just needs a quiet and secure environment before it feels safe enough to eat. For some fussy feeders I cover up the sides of the hatchling tubs and the front and back a little bit to make it dark. Also a few hides and a nice warm pinky with a few holes put in its head with a toothpick used to get my babies to feed. Sometimes I used to tap the mouse on the body of the snake to get it fired up to eat.

Ok cool thanks for the tips

It's fed twice before with me so I've had it for jz over 3 weeks n ok thanks ill give that a go. Thanks

rats or mice amt 33 deg should be just one area of around a 3rd of enclosure... The rest should be mid 20's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back