:( he escaped :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luohanfan

Reaction score
:cry: well, after setting up my new tank and putting my male mac in there..
He escaped during the night..
Ive searched the whole house as best i can, and cant find him..
he must have somehow climbed the probe cord and squeezed out a tiny hole :(
Now what can i do..
how far could he travel during the night?
Damn, i got no idea what to do..

Sorry to hear.

If you type 'escaped snake' or variations of, into the search bar at the top right of the screen, you will get several threads to look through.
There are some ideas to help find it in amongst the posts.

Hope he turns up for you.

Yep, good one dicky :? Beat me to it...AND put more work into it!

Last edited:
is he a hatchy? he will probably turn up somewhere if he is a hatchy he could be just about anywhere but start with warm spots in the surrounding area..cupboards etc...he will search for somewhere warm..one of mine was a great escapee but he never got far..hope he turns up soon

yeh just a hatchy, ive searched under all movable items, including fridge freezer tv unit, round my fish tanks, everywhere possible in the house that i could get to, i think i checked..

Thanks for the links and tips too.. i appreciate it..

I thought my spotted hatchie escaped and I searched for 6 hours over 3 days, put the enclosure on the floor with the doors open and he turned up in the 2 foot light fitting in the enclosure, was there the whole time, so check ur light fittings in your thermostat etc, goodluck there is no worse feeling

Most likely its in the same room as the enclosure, generally dont go far and being a hatchling they can fit anywhere.
Try things like flour on the floor, and in morning check for tracks in the flour.
Tape plastic bags behind furniture and you will hear the noise as it slides over them and try searching at night with the lights out and a torch as thats usually when there most active.

A few of snakes have escaped. They always end up in the same room about two meters MAX away.

I woulndt worry just yet.
He will most likely turn up if you keep your eyes open.

Try turning off all the lights in the house and your tv/radio/anyhitng with noise off at about 6-8pm for about 15 min. Then take your flashlite and have a gander in the room your snakey was in.

Works for me.

I had my male darwin carpet Rusty escape and searched for him for days but could not find him :(
he then turned up near my kitchen sink a month later, late at night :).

I would research at night when they are more active but try not to make to much noise.
Good luck hope you find him :)

yeah i lost my stimmy for 6 weeks and found her trying to get a drink from the bathroom i think she was hiding under the hot water system because i couldnt see under there and its nice and warm in the cupboard

Most likely its in the same room as the enclosure, generally dont go far and being a hatchling they can fit anywhere.
Try things like flour on the floor, and in morning check for tracks in the flour.
Tape plastic bags behind furniture and you will hear the noise as it slides over them and try searching at night with the lights out and a torch as thats usually when there most active.

This is the best advice. I cvan also suggest if you have ducted heating close off the points, attempt to isolate each room and work back that way. try place an item of food somewhere in the "lost Room" tonight and regulary check on it eg hourly bit of a pain but hey help the fella out;-)

Found him!! :D:D:D
He was between the flyscreen and a closed window :S
Thanks for all the tips and support..
Hopefully it wont happen again and i wont need to worry about using them all lol..
I had given up after my search this morning, but as everyone thought he would close, i did one more search of the loungeroom where my snake tank is.. he was about 2 meters away from his tank!
Thanks again to you all for the help!

There are heaps of threads about escaped snakes as mentioned they hardly ever are a few metres from the encloser just double check everywhere

So glad you found him, there would be nothing more heart breaking.......

Thanks, i was completely gutted, i felt soooo bad that he got out, and anything could have happened to him..
Glad he's back safe..
Been watching him for the last few hours with his light off, he's still trying to find a way out..
I cant believe how well he goes straight up the corner of a glass tank!
DSCN1824.jpg

Snakes will find the smallest hole to squeeze through, thats why its good to have a snake room with doors closed and the windows covered with gauze. One of my Darwin carpets escaped because I didn't close the sliding glass door all the way, the next morning I found him lying in the window sill next to the open window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back