head wont shed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom

Reaction score
Hi all my f/m diamond has had the worst shed ive seen ,only half the body (tail end) i soaked her in warm water which removed all but the head,now ive read the threads on afros bad shead but im a little worried about playing around with the head,should i try the bag trick or just leave her only and if not how long have i got to get the rest of the shed off.

cheers
phantom

:p The wet bag is a good trick & i dont think it could hurt to try,id do it asap b4 the oil under the skin dries out & makes it even harder to get off. :p

But be very careful; don't force the eye caps, as you don't want to damage the eyes.
If they don't come off easy after a couple of goes within the next few days, it's best to leave them for the next shed.

yup, id do that, once she gets the nose lifted she'll do the rest herself
just dont leave her in it for hrs on end 2 hrs should be long enough.also i turned my bag inside out cause the outside seemed rougher than the inside. dont panic. :wink: check out montys "shed vid", took him ages to get the nose bit lifted but went nicly after that!

arties right mate, dont force the eyecaps! but im thinkin if shes havin trouble with eyecaps , her own efforts may "force " them, with that in mind if they dont seem to just slip off, you could gently give her another soak, she will put her own head under water and hopefully help it along. not confuse you but i've both read and been told what artie said bout eyecaps and also contrary that retained eyecaps can cause blindness. if in doubt take to vet! lol :D

Wattso's turning the bag inside out is a good idea as it also does away with the possibility of the snake hurting itself with loose threads on the seams. Even when transporting snakes or lizards in Pillow Cases you should always turn them inside out for this reason.

so its fixed mad my coastal shed on friday its looken real good now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back