Health help needed for LITTLE ACCIE!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon lady

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
First i am not going to post all details on this......for privacy issues.

Have just recently (today) acquired a little girl (accie) ....she needs help drastically

I need some one supply me the correct information on feed & husbandry of her....that has bred, kept & still has this species longterm....maybe that has rescued or helped tragic cases

She will be in a 2ft MDF Vivarium...with sliding glass front doors.... full 10. U.V
currently has a 40w red spot light.......i dont like using red, so will change to what is necessary & best for her health

necessary info will be given......please only offer help if you can competently give it

thankyou....& so does "Little Girl"

Gee's ackies are soo resilient and easy to keep it makes you wonder how ppl go wrong anyways i had an ackie not long ago he was a awesome li'l goanna :D all i did was make sure he had a mega hot heat spot around 50-60 degrees also uv, they eat kinda like beardies.. roaches, crix even mealies also turkey/chicken breast(dusted with the usual vitamins/calcium) love watching them eat as it reminds me of a snake with legs LOL also sand was no good as he was so into food he'd always cop a mouth full other than that she should go well :D all the best with you're lastest addition

You need a bigger viv for starters. 2 foot is too small.

Then you need much higher watt globe, the hot spot should be above 50 degrees. Should be above 60.

They eat everything, crickets, woodies, chopped up meat, mice etc etc.

i understand every one will want info..... cant..
only to relevant helper.....

What size would you put in a 2 fter?

Well I don't know how you expect people to help when they don't know what the issue is.

4 foot, lots of hides.

Put a large rock or platform etc under the light, so the heat is extrememly hot.

pm 'cruester' if you want help. He is very experienced with all monitors.

Last edited:
Perhaps you should hand it on to someone thar knows what to do with accies..........for the animals own good if you dont know about them.

If your not willing to post details about it, and havnt got a grasp on the animal you are definatly the wrong person to be looking after this animal but for the safety and care of the animal i suggest the following:
- Much larger wattage (60-100, i use 75) reflector white globe from the supermarket on 14hrs a day
- Feeding as much as the animal will eat in any one day (roaches are the easiest to feed but crix are good aswell, they will eat larger insects than you would think, hatchies should be able to eat large nymph roaches). Dusting this food is important.
- Tight squeeze hide spots are required ie squeezing from the top and bottom
- Larger cage 4ft is a good size, however if the animal is still small you might get away with it
- Watering by spray bottle every second day

If your not willing to post details about it, and havnt got a grasp on the animal you are definatly the wrong person to be looking after this animal

I'd read between the lines, it sounds like this animal has been very poorly kept and Dragon Lady is simply trying to rescue it (and by the sounds of it she is rescuing it from a friend).

Good info though grimbeny.

Dragon Lady, you have not mentioned the height of your enclosure, if it is relatively tall (i.e. 2'x2'x1'6" or higher you will need to create an accessible basking platform to allow the ackie to create a better basking site.

Expect that help will be provided from a breeder/keeper .....one that has had longterm experience with accies, hopefully rescued ones...with health problems,feeding problems,husbandry problems
someone who will offer advice to help various scenarios...

I know the should do's.....feed for age/size
temps for species & habitat

this is not a normal case .... thus needing a breeder?keeper... to rule out a few problems to move on to next problems,,,& so on
habitat furniture is an issue with this "Little Girl"...

if you know of someone who is qualified....for the above...point me in the right direction!

Again.

pm Cruester.

Call the Reptile Shop in Narellan, he owns it and will be happy to help.

Its not like your naming the person who has neglected the animal. I dont understand how you intend for this magical breeder to solve your problem without any information!

Thankyou Chimera!
cant give personal info......former owner IS a member,sorry ,should have put it that way!

yes...basking site isnt a issue...gets to 55* at head height

this is harder to speak about ...without me choking or wanting to chunder......please

just refer me to someone that has had experience with rescued accies!

i'll give all info i can to the relevant ...by pm!

I have to go for a while.....to hard right now to stay on line....
i understand the q's.....i cant give answers.......i appreciate all ,i do mean all in response so far

Best take it to a vet,maybe you should go see a doctor for the choking as well.

If the situation is that dire I dont really think there is time for all the dramatics.....If the animals health is at risk get it to a vet......and next step find someone to take it that knows what they are doing with them. Quite simple really.

hi dragon lady i would recomend giving reptile city a call and talk to jason or michel about it, they breed accies and might be able to help. their number is 81861951.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back