Health help needed for LITTLE ACCIE!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately some people leave out their manners when posing on an online forum, something about posting almost anonymously makes them feel they can say what they want.

Cris does, however make a good point about handling. The level of stress that a reptile is under directly influences appetite. This stress may not show in any way (i.e. they may appear comfortable in your hands) but it will still reduce their willingness to feed.

Whilst you will need to keep a close eye on her, I would only suggest handling when absolutely necessary.

Unfortunately some people leave out their manners when posing on an online forum, something about posting almost anonymously makes them feel they can say what they want.

Cris does, however make a good point about handling. The level of stress that a reptile is under directly influences appetite. This stress may not show in any way (i.e. they may appear comfortable in your hands) but it will still reduce their willingness to feed.

Whilst you will need to keep a close eye on her, I would only suggest handling when absolutely necessary.

I think the big problem there is that this is advice that has been given by experienced accie keepers a few times on this thread and it just keep falling on deaf ears.

Chris1...will pm you & thanks

Natrix... convol....what?...

When i pick her up she eats........if i put food in the tank she doesn't!!!! pretty plain to see isn't it or are you not able to decipher sentences & explanations?

im after another food type .if any?

I have followed the best advice one could get....the Master himself...."Sdaji"...
yes allot have helped with particulars....but not all are seeing circumstances...

once again...ONLY EATS PINKIE RATS IN HABITAT!......
will only eat fresh dead mealworms HAND FED WITH TONGS!!!... gee wizz... thoughts bricks were thick?

Just letting all know that "Hope" has eaten 5 larger pinkie rats in the last 11 days...
she has grown 1cm in length...now 27cm tip of nose to tail ....added 1/2 cm in head width so now 1 1/2 cm
& has put on 9 grams...so 39grams in total....
Thankyou to all who offered advice....that were sympathetic not argumentative !
it was greatly appreciated....

She hasnt bitten me in 6 days! lol

Not to be rude but why get a animal before finding out all its care details. Or its just me

good luck you are doing the best you can and some times thats all you can do i hope every thing goes well

Molest....=..1..annoy or pester in a hostile or injurious way
2..attack or interfere with esp.sexually.....................................
dah ! some just need to think what they are writting!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pbolomey...... this one has issues that are not common...couldnt climb...couldnt stay on slate stack to get to appropriate heat
afraid of all live feed
dehydrated

i was hoping for information from persons who dealt with issues....
i have set up habitats for monitors....storrs & accies... adults with no problems to say
but have never monitors under my personal care....
its like an aunty that takes her nieces & nephews on a outing....generally children are the same
but if you have under you care a child with a disability or extra needs ...you seek experienced help!
i tried to do the same....got condemned for it...as i stayed to my word that i wouldn't say the persons name that gave her to me nor the condition or specifics i was dealing with.... i tried under all that was said about me to be loyal to my now former reptile partner...because that was what she asked.
Wasn't good enough.......

Hornet.....she is doing incredibly well....not allot of weight yet...but considerable growth!

Sdaji.....Jason& Michel from Reptile City....& Richardsc...
they have helped me soooooo much... ricardsc has helped me before with another problem...
they are awesome people...incredible brains trusts to have! THANKS BLOKES!

Yes i made the mistake of putting her collection with mine in my profile... i had her full permission, thought it may help as she was looking for a female frilly as well as another female accie. to purchase ....but have since changed this, it was not ment to mislead anyone...
we were colaberating the reptiles together as we were in business together with reptiles...
not now

Last edited:
Molest....=..1..annoy or pester in a hostile or injurious way
2..attack or interfere with esp.sexually.....................................
dah ! some just need to think what they are writting!

No need to be rude lady.
Your own definition doesnt include pedophile.
I think its reasonable to describe handling a sick animal
as molesting it.. "annoy and pester" sounds right.

Anyways, i hope the Goanna comes good for you.

Australis......seriously i got it from the dictionary!.... & no way ment to be rude to you!
sorry.... i do see that you couldnt really take it any other way....sorry
Im not mincing many words today.... not your fault...sorry!

is it reasonable to say that if she only eats dead mealworms when hand feeding while holding her that i shouldnt do that?.... i have stated so before

thanks for the wishes anyway...sorry
not your fault ive had a **** of a day!

its like an aunty that takes her nieces & nephews on a outing....generally children are the same
but if you have under you care a child with a disability or extra needs ...you seek experienced help!

But i don't think they go to the doctor with a child and say "Can you please help me..... but i'm nopt willing to tell you what the problem is"

So really I think that is quite different to what is going on here.

Cheers,
Ishka

You... are the only one... saying... anything about.... being a pedophile...you make me laugh... but.... i hope the little goanna gets better... even if you wish... to continue molesting it...

Dr's have confidentiality... i understand what you are saying...i was trying at all costs to respect & be loyal to my now former reptile partner... thats it

& a doctor wouldn't debate or make public details that don't concern anyone else... i asked for helpers to pm me...they did & i am extremely greatful to them

doesnt matter as to her partner and all that,someone has asked for assistance and as is usual for internet,alot of things get taken seriously ect,sounds like it is eating and doing better now,i find it odd that it wont eat live or even dead insects but im not ruling that out,reptiles never cease to amaze me,lol,your better off feeding pinky mice and rats and mealys over mince ect anyways dragon lady, your main goal isto put condition on her and get her appetite back,ridgies are bottomless pits so your aim is to feed it as much as it can eat even if its a few times a day for a while,if they have the right temps ect they should need alot of food to hold condition let alone put more on,i can see chris 1,s point on molesting unessacarily,but if u need to to get it to eat mealys i guess keep it up,but long term plan is to get it eating food in its cage to,and hopefully get it to take live insects as well as thats more there natural diet,so much better for them in the long term,good luck with the little one,and ask away if u need any more tips,its good to see that u want to do everything in your power to get this ridgey back on track,very admirable

Dragon Lady - If it is eating pinkies from tongs then continue feeding that...

I rarely handle healthy Ackies and certainly would not handle an ill one. I would forget the Mealies altogether if they are only eaten from your hand. Eventually, as the Ackie recuperates, it should start feeding like a normal Ackie again...handling an ill animal never makes sense, it will lead to a much more difficult recovery with a lot of stress added...

Thankyou Richardsc...& Aslan...
Hope... freaks at live food.....carries on wildly with a dish of any food in her habitat
hence me holding her giving her a m/w with tongs then releasing her in the habitat to eat & now she actually waits for me to pick her up ...i use a glove...to feed again
she struggles when she see's any live cricket ,m/w or woodie
refuses to eat mince at this stage...i have left it for 4 days...what a smell!...in her habitat on the rock piece i use as a feeding plate..but will eat pinkie on the rock now, even if i put i next to the mince,she still eats the pinkie & doesnt touch the mince
yes ive tried cat & dog food....no go!
She is handled with a glove....light weight gardening glove...for feeding ...seems to understand a glove means eating!
& i pick her up without glove for her bath...
SHE HAS SHED FULLY!!!!!!!! including her feet stumps ..she looks great...well better now
like a hatchie she is fed everyday..
i was bathing her for hydration in the 1st week everyday... she eats better after a bath..it helped

Richardsc...you are fabulous!...all the help you gave me with my ex-rep prtnrs accies last year was great!
she had bought a pair ...she was told it was 2 fem....almost disaster!
when she put them in with a bigger male!....you are brilliant!...no pics...sheer expertise... THANKS MATE!!!

Aslan.....i do understand what you say about handling.... i do repect your opinion
at the moment thats how i get her to eat!.... but thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back