Heat Light Or No Heat Light

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake182

Reaction score
These are for my two Children python 900x400x400 enclosure that i built
im heating them with a 15 watt heat cord under a tile and a led light strip along the top for lighting but should i also use a heat light??
these are going to be there adult and breeding enclosures. :)

- - - Updated - - -

my female elcho having a little play

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Are you getting *sufficient* temps from the heat cord ? If the answer is yes, then why whould you need an extra heat source, especially given that you already have lighting covered.

If the temps are good, any extra heating is wasted energy, IMO.

im with rob_n_son , imo 2 heat sources could be a little risky unless controlled from 2 thermos or set up well but not sure what you would do for that , id go one or the other not both

yeah im getting 32 ATM i just thought it could help with air temp??

if you want air temp then ditch the heat cord and use a bulb of some sort , with a tile to help with some belly heat if you want

the way i look at it is , if you have a heat cord running as well as a bulb where will you put the thermostat probe, down on the floor will keep the cord temp stable but then the bulb is going to pump full ball trying to help the floor heat up at times

or you put it up in the air to help keep the air temp at 32 but then the heat cord is going to pump full ball trying to help heat up the air which it isnt designed to do so you could end up with a very hot floor space in cold winter months when bulbs sometimes struggle

so the only way i would personally use 2 heat sources was if i had some sort of 2 probe thermostat to control 2 temp zones or 2 separate thermos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back