Heat Mat Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

izzys1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have read heaps about the using of heat mats/ropes etc and snakes getting burned. My question is... surely the snake would move if it was getting to hot wouldn't they?? I am now a bit worried about using a mat with my girl.

just get one with a themometre attached and thats shouldnt get to hot for her

As suggested....a thermostat controlling the mat will ensure that the temps cannot get too high, and substantially reduces the risk of the mat burning out, melting, or overheating over time.

i personally would not run a mat without a thermostat....others may disagree though.

Get a thermostat, a cheap on/ off thermo costs a lot less than even a cheap hatchling and certainly a lot less than a house burnt to the ground. Heat mats get hot quickly, a lot faster and hotter than heat cord and there a plenty of horror stories on here about them melting or catching on fire.

Get a thermostat, a cheap on/ off thermo costs a lot less than even a cheap hatchling and certainly a lot less than a house burnt to the ground. Heat mats get hot quickly, a lot faster and hotter than heat cord and there a plenty of horror stories on here about them melting or catching on fire.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back