heat mat help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluetongue

Reaction score
Hey I bought a heat mat for the first time yesterday its only 4ever watts, and I was planning on getting a 4 month old carpet but the mat really doesnt feel like it will be warm enough ? And I donte think its big enough as I read its ment to cover about 1/3rd of the enclosures floor? And it covers maybe a fifth of the floor, so basically what are my options? Is it still useable or do I need to buy a bigger mat or a cord? Thank you

buy a thermostat to start, if your thermostat reads that it is holding the desired temp 30 degrees Celsius 2+- (always double check with a thermometer). if it doesn't buy a bigger heat mat. Me personally id just buy a 30cmx30cm heat mat and just sick it so it covers a third of the enclosure as the snake grows and needs a new enclosure just adjust the heat mat accordingly. This way you have a heat mat that will be suitable for the snakes life ( although the heatmat will probably poop itself before then)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back