heat mat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeitup

Reaction score
hey guys whats the best wattage heat mat to be used on a shelving system for plastic tubs to sit on? i see the herp shop has 65watt, 70 watts and 35 watts?
cheers

Hi Snakeitup. No-one posted an answer and I don't have a clue. Probably best to speak directly to the herp shop if you haven't already done this. We were all too busy with striped coastals.

pm bigguy or shaneaussiepythons they are 2 i know that use that system who might be able to help

Mate give us a few more details of your setup, such as what size / type of tubs, distance between the shelves, hanging or sitting tubs,is the system to use a stat, is it double or single tub per depth of shelf etc? If you give us this info we can give you some back that has a fair chance of being correct.
e.g. I use 65W for single depth and 35W for double depth, (due to the width of the heat tape), both obtainable from the herp shop here:

'MULTI-HEAT' FLEXIBLE HEATING ELEMENT
Available in a variety of sizes and watt densities to heat cage floors, shelves etc. on which cages/plastic containers etc. are to be placed.
Like the above heat mats, it is necessary to control the first two with a probe thermostat and/or rheostat and advisable, for accuracy, for the lower wattage element (ELE035S2-330) as well.

I use mine through a combination of stat and dimmer both also available from the herp shop.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the input so far,
afro the distance between shelves it 12cm it is a double depth shelving system on a probe thermostat. The shelves are 60 cm deep, the tubs are sitting and are 24cm long x 18wide x 8high

thanks guys

jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back