Heath monitor or lacey?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zack13

Reaction score
Hello I was just wondering if anybody knows whether there are heath monitors in sydney or not. I was walking along a path yesterday and encountered a monitor, after looking it up I think it was a heath monitor was very dark, not sure if they live around here though.

I was on the northern beaches of sydney, it was dense woodland on a creek that runs into a masive lake then the ocean. I dont know if that helps. I know laceys have been seen around here but after seeing many photos i think it was a heath monitor.

I have seen information that says they do and dont live around here so just seeing if anyone can clear this up for me thanks. And no sorry didnt get a photo of it, he ran away while i was putting the lense on after sitting 2 meters away from me for 2 minutes lol.

Thanks,
Zack

Yes they are found in the Sydney region so it could have been either species.

Ok thanks for the quick replies I think it was a heath for sure.

Thanks,
Zack

nah it didnt actually. it ran into shrubs and sat there it didnt climb a tree even though there were plenty around.

I live on the Northern Beaches aswell , a few mates have sighted them around the Terry Hills/Ingleside area , did you see this one around the Narrbeen lakes area ?? i have seen many lacies on the Wakehurst parkway side but have not had the pleasure to see a Heath yet . Cheers. Pete

I live on the Northern Beaches aswell , a few mates have sighted them around the Terry Hills/Ingleside area , did you see this one around the Narrbeen lakes area ?? i have seen many lacies on the Wakehurst parkway side but have not had the pleasure to see a Heath yet . Cheers. Pete

Ya if you know where the dog park is right when you get on the parkway, go over the bridge there and about 75m up the road is this little thing sometimes cars are parked there. It is like deep creek volenteer area. I was walking up that maybe 400m when i saw it. I think im going to start herping there it seems like an awesome area.

Zack

Have been herping the whakehurst parway area and Jameison Park to Cromer golf Course track for the last couple of years and have sighted many reptiles including Diamond pythons , Red bellied black snakes , yellow faced whip snakes , costal bearded dragons , jacky dragons , blue tongues ,water dragons, water skinks,eastern long neck turtles, PLENY of Lace monitors ,thick tailed geckos , broad tailed geckos , eastern dwarf frogs and banjo frogs , its a great area to go herping , my house is only about a 2min walk from the back of Cromer Golf Course . Cheers. Pete

Ya if you know where the dog park is right when you get on the parkway, go over the bridge there and about 75m up the road is this little thing sometimes cars are parked there. It is like deep creek volenteer area. I was walking up that maybe 400m when i saw it. I think im going to start herping there it seems like an awesome area.

Zack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back