Heating and lighting for new woma enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phinn

Reaction score
Hello,
I am about to start fitting out a balinese cabinet for my woma. The cabinet is 4ft wide, 4ft heigh and 2ft deep. I am not sure what is the best heating set up for this size cabinet. Currently snake is in a plastic tub with a heat mat. I live in central QLD so it only gets cold for a few months of the year. I have never set an enclosure up before and and advice would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Just gonna say, the height in that tank is a bit unneeded.

You could make it double story with a heat light up the top for a basking shelf. I did this with mine and she climbs up and down all the time. Goes down the bottom to drink and nap, then goes and gets warm. I only have the heat globe for heating, and it keeps the top at a nice 32-35 degrees and the bottom sits at around 25 usually, but sometimes cools down more. She decides where she wants to be and knows where it is warm. She is vEry happy with this design. And has been in it since she was about 4 or 5 months old. I could try get pictures uploaded on my dodgey slow laptop for you if you want?

I have a couple of pics in my album of it half finished. You get the idea

Last edited:
Enclosure photos would be great, i plan to have a rock wall all the way up the back with a large rock ledge for basking half way up the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back