Heating EWD water

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadlyDanny80

Reaction score
Does anyone currently warm the water in their dragons enclosure? I'm looking to warm about 12 liters of water & was wondering what wattage heater I would need?

A 50w should do the job but maybe check the package. Around $20-$30 for water heater.

Rick

I don't for either my indoor or outdoor enclosures.
They can tolerate low temps.

Ok thanks guys... They used to spend a lot of time in the water then I upgraded their enclosure & increased the volume of water (Even used to sleep in the water)... Now they not in there near as much & I put it down to cooler water temps.

A 50w is too strong if it were to fail it would send temperatures soaring as they are generally rated at 1w per litre but can exceed this. Look at a 25w but you do not need to heat the water for EWD.

A 50w is too strong if it were to fail it would send temperatures soaring as they are generally rated at 1w per litre but can exceed this. Look at a 25w but you do not need to heat the water for EWD.

I wasnt 100% sure, this is why i said check the packaging. I run a 25w in my frog tank, but that doesnt hold alot of water.

Rick

Is the water part a permanent feature of the enclosure or in a container? If it is just in a container I guess you could use a mat or cord under the the container with a thermostat or possibly put you heat globe over the water.

Is the water part a permanent feature of the enclosure or in a container? If it is just in a container I guess you could use a mat or cord under the the container with a thermostat or possibly put you heat globe over the water.

I use a plastic paint tray & it holds about 12 litres with a water fall flowing into it... The temp In the cool end is 23-25 degrees & this is where the water feature is... I have two basking spots... 100 watt in warm end & 75 watt cool end (high above the water) with a 10.0 UVB near the middle... Getting 28-30 degrees in warm end & 36-38 under basking spots...

Enclosure is a meter tall & 122cm wide... Both dragons very active & eating regularly... I notice they still deficate in the water but just don't seem to spend as much time in there...

Previously in their old enclosure they used to sleep in the water even though it was a smaller body of water...

Can't upload any more pics cause I've exceeded my limit or something...

Anyway for $20 I can get a 25 watt heater & see how goes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back