Heating help please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananapeel

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Yes sorry another of these threads. :oops:

Just enquiring into different heating sources for a Woma. I will be using globes/lamps in a 120x45x60 (LxWxH) enclosure.
I am not too keen on the red light produced by the regular red heat lamps. I have been looking into ceramic heat emmitter and halogen basking globes.
I like the idea of a ceramic heat lamp as it won't produce light so when used with a UV globe/tube won't be excessively bright (and can be used at night if temps drop real low).
I will be using a microclimate B1 dimming thermostat.
What's your preference? or any other better ways of heating. (prefer overhead)

Also if you know a reliable brand of either mentioned above.
I was reading about the exo terra ceramic emmitter and on one website it said this "The Heat Wave Lamp is to be used only with the specially designed Exo Terra Wire Light." I don't quite understand this so if you could give me a heads up on this that would be great.

Final question, would a 60 watt heat emmitter or 75 watt halogen basking globe be suitable for the above dimensions. depending on what I used, would these be ok wattages for each?

Sorry for the overload of questions.
All help greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much,
bananapeel:D

where do you live to start with? i run either blue party globes (40watt) in smaller enclosures or purple night heat globes they give off bugger all light but just enough you can see in at night. 2 of my 3x2x2 enclosures are heated by 2 50watt heat globes on a thermostat and a 60watt standard white reflector globe as a basking hot spot and day light

I heat my stimson with a 25w heat cord on a B1 thermostat 24/7 and a 20w halogen spot during the day on a timer. I am in SA it gets cold here too.

I use 35watt heatmat called heating element and 20watt halogen downlight for day basking in enclosure for my woma and also I use blue 12v led lights for night viewing I am in far south nsw it gets cold here lowest is about 6 degrees in winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back