Heating problem!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigis11

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Tonight I went over to my thermometer reader which is stuck to the middle of my heat pad that is covered in glass. And it read 48 degeres which was alarming. So i had a look at my mircoclimate thermostat and it was put on 32 degeres like usuall and the power light was on and the heating light was on all the time which means that is heating up to a higher temperture. So i turned off the mircoclimate device off at the wall so it didnt hurt my snake.

I have just recently turned it back on and and put it on 32 degerees but it is still heating up past that termperture.

Not sure what i should do. And i dont know why it is doing that.
Help please.

p.s if u guys need pics can do.

It really depends on where the probe for the thermostat is located. If it is located right next to the probe for the thermometer that would be a worry as it could mean the thermostat is failing to switch off, but if the thermostat probe is located seperately to the thermometer(on the back wall for example) it makes sense as the thermostat would allow the heat source to continue heating until it measured 32deg at it's location.
I hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back