Hello i am new and wanting to learn

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This member comes on here and ask for help and information on breeding and not one person has helped, but just pretty much ignored the original post.

l have to agree a little with bulla. While the compliments are nice she is also looking for some advice. She's only had her diamond a couple of weeks and really loves it. She's keen to learn about them and particularly breeding. She's found some info on the net but was hoping to get info directly from other local keepers (i.e. Australian ones). How do I know this??? I'm her dad and I gave her the diamond along with the task of researching.

We are not looking at breeding this season but hopefully 2008 (the work starts now!) . Aiming to get the girls and boys to 1.5m or more by them. Any info would help keep a new enthusiast enthusiastic!

Particularly
- average size for breeding
- when to start cooling, for how long,
- how people cool them down (e.g. outdoor enclosure, particularly if you live in QLD)
- when to introduce female to male (or male to female)
- average clutch size for first timers
- incubation info
- any particular diamond health issues
- etc, etc

I'm sure that there are a few knowledgeable diamond breeders on this forum. Hopefully someone can give her the advice she's looking for.

As we all like photos to look at - here's one of our Georgetown stimson hatchlings that we recently purchased. Cute little snake, can't wait to see how the colours develop.

Georgetowm001.jpg

Thankyou dad and bulla i am looking of as much information i can get from the web as long as from local breeders

i have added yo to my msn thankyou so much for your help i hope that i will learn alot because i really think that the diamonds are amazing animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back