Help Chicken Beak Went Through My Snakes Neck

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. We have all made mistakes and we will all learn from them. The main thing is that the snake has not had any real damage from this and next time this will not happen. I also have a MD girl who has not eaten in ages and it gets very frustrating.

Cameron

Rockman has a completely valid point about some of the information being given out on this site in regards to reptiles.If your new at it or haven't had much contact with other reptile keepers how do you know which information or advice to take on board and if you take the wrong advice it can lead to the detriment of the animal.When I first came to this site a put on a pretend senario about my murray darlings not eating just to make contact with people and get the ball rolling in regards to talking to others on the site,Some of the advice I was given was bizzare in anyones language.I am just glad I wasn't really in trouble with my snakes or I will still be in the bathroom blow drying the mice so they had a good hair doo.If we don't know how to help the person with the issues at hand lets not give advice or ridicule and let the people who have had the experience help them.I personally do not know who is who on this site and am always happy to give advice on things that I know about if I am asked, but I am no expert and would never claim to be and would not dream about giving advice to someone about their animal I know nothing about.

dude i think your a fool about the pretend eating problem. your moaning about not helping in the right way and you where getting advice from people who might of been able to help others with information if they knew what they where on about and you were wasting their time when they could of been helping someone else... i know this as when i was worried when my snake eat alot of substrate and i didnt get a reply for days and its bloody worrying. finaly someone replyed and i calmed down. so try not to waste other peoples time just for a survey.

Ypou have gotten me the wrong way around.

Its the loss of experienced people on this (and other sites) that has caused this problem. If the experienced people were still here then ashman's orginal question wouldve been well answered and he wouldnt have force fed his snake. Not the other way around. Hope thats clear now.

The reason people have left this site is a completely different matter.

Ypou have gotten me the wrong way around.

Its the loss of experienced people on this (and other sites) that has caused this problem. If the experienced people were still here then ashman's orginal question wouldve been well answered and he wouldnt have force fed his snake. Not the other way around. Hope thats clear now.

The reason people have left this site is a completely different matter.

dude if you LOOK at the quate then you will realise i was not quating or talking about you but spaticus. i was talking about the way he got attention and wasted peoples time for a stupid reason.

Hey Greyfox,
Call me what ever you want a fool,time waster that does not change the fact that this fellow could of been helped by the experienced members of this site if they were still here when he posted the original issue.So I showed some initiative when there was no responses to my post introducing myself to the forum.For you to point the finger saying basically it was people like me that caused you to not get a reply for days,give me a break.The reason you didn't get any replies was most likely due to fact that the people who could of helped you were no longer using this site and not everyone uses it everyday.Yes I got a few responses from people about the murray darlings and it did one thing for shore.It showed me that I lot of people dish out advice without any experience and concern about the real issue.You may as well have a go at the people who put a new species of reptile post and then when you have a look, its a sock up a tree painted with stripes with big eyes glued on it are they time wasters as well or the people who post pictures of their reptiles,did they stop people replying to your post as well because people were looking at the pictures instead of helping you.Just think next your giving advice,you could be giving it to someone with 20 years experience who has never seen the problem they are encountering and someone tells them to blow dry a mouse,no wonder they left this site,they probably think its a joke.

i dont blow dry mouses.. i dry them with kitchen roll ahahahaha(its a joke). calm down anyway all i was saying was that i think your foolish trying to do a stupid survey to see if theres idiots on the site. of course there is going to be fools on the site its a big forum. but why waste the peoples time who do know things for your own selfish reasons when you didnt need help? thats the point im trying to get across to you but you took it the wrong way and got offended.

UPDATE ON SNAKE.

Well someone is looking after him from me at the moment. He gave him a shot of vitimin B and baytril. He got it to eat a live pinkie mouse. I was so happy. He finally ate somthing. Apparantly he is doing well and the infection is starting to go down.

Thanks all

UPDATE ON SNAKE.

Well someone is looking after him from me at the moment. He gave him a shot of vitimin B and baytril. He got it to eat a live pinkie mouse. I was so happy. He finally ate somthing. Apparantly he is doing well and the infection is starting to go down.

Thanks all

Great news Ashman :)

Well done Ashman. Things will be o'k. For every set back or knock back you have you will learn something each time. Like inthegrass said, "keep the chin up".

put it on youtube... seems like it would fit in with the rest of the cruelty

Bathe the wound in betadine the color of weak tea, daily. Make sure you keep his enclosure spotlessly clean so no infection can start. If you want to feed him again, try warming his food in warm to hot tap water and then pat dry. If that doesnt work try a slice of chicken breast, it is easy to swallow and digest. I have rehabilitated many wildcaught injured pythons and this will usually get them eating again. Even when injured if a python can eat it will help them heal.
Try and get him to any vet or better still go and see the guys at Bunarong Aquarium in Frankston, they should be able to put you in the right direction..

BTW you should never try to force feed a python or any animal if you are not sure of what you are doing, only ever let an experienced herp do it. Your concern outweighed your common sense on this one, but dont worry too much, pythons have amazing healing powers, just watch out for infection. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back