Help - Introducing adult snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelliy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have never introduced adult snakes to other adults and I'm wondering if there's a trick or tips! I have a female and male jungle python the female is larger and older than the male! They are both extremely placid and friendly snakes never show aggression towards people! However I have never seen their behaviour towards other snakes! I have never got around to risking putting them together. The reason I have came out of the blue to decide putting them together is because I have currently gotten a very large enclosure that can house up to 7 snakes and I wish to just keep these 2 in one enclosure instead of having enclosures lying everywhere! I would appreciate the tips and help!!! Please and thank you

they should be fine as long as you feed them seperately
i used to house my 2 jungles together

The guy I bought my coastal off housed the mother and father together no problems if that helps

There is always an element of risk with two animals together. The winter is a good time for an introduction, however, as it is heading for mating season. Are you wanting to breed them? If not, DO NOT put them together. You must be prepared for eggs and have a plan for dealing with breeding if you put a male and female together. You should watch closely for the first hour or two of the introduction and be ready to jump in if there is a problem.

Thanks guys so much for that! How would I separate them if they did start fighting I'm getting them re sexed just in case the previous owners told me the wrong information thanks so much

you would have to pull them out and get them to release each other by opening their mouths or stick them under cold running water that usually works.

Thanks guys so much for that! How would I separate them if they did start fighting I'm getting them re sexed just in case the previous owners told me the wrong information thanks so much

put them in a trial cage first to see how they go, I do this before introducing males to the females domain. if you want to house 2 snakes together i'd put 2 females together instead of a male/female pair cause they will breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back