Help!! Is this a bad thing?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakebuster

Reaction score
My only remaining marbled gecko has gone very pale on one side of his back. It's not white or anything, but it's a lighter shade then Grey. The other side of his back is just normal, Grey-Brown with a darker colored set of markings. The pale side has got markings too, just a lighter colour. Is he shedding? Whats up? It started with a white spot, then it grew larger. He's acting completely normal, maybe a little less jumpy.:)
Whats up?

S-buster.:)

Is it housed with another gecko?

Just a thought, he might actually be a she, and gravid?

S-buster, what do you keep your marbles in?

When I was keeping marbles in clear plastic containers I noticed that they would loose their colour as you are saying, I think it's just got to do with camoflage.

S-buster, what do you keep your marbles in?

When I was keeping marbles in clear plastic containers I noticed that they would loose their colour as you are saying, I think it's just got to do with camoflage.

I keep them in a glass tank with a lid, it's probably big enough to house 8-10 geckos, there is a few gumtree sticks [ brown ], a ceramic water bowl [ blue on the inside, creamy white on the outside, they love to hide under it :)], a few red colored rocks for them to hide under [ red ], and the substrate is co**** sand [ yellow ].

It " USED " to be. He is definitely a male. The pet store it was bought from said it was.

is the fact that the petshop said it was male the only thing u have to go on?

animals are often sexed wrong.

maybe if u posted some pix of his bits someone would be able to tell u for sure,..?

perhaps he climbed up on the glass and changed colour from being up on the glass, i found when my geckos were on the plastic side was when they changed colour which is why i thought it was camo, i also know someone who use clear kitty litter as a substrate for marbles and they went that pale colour and stayed that way. if you gecko is gravid it isn't a porblem, you'll know soon enough their eggs are always clearly visible as they develope.

this is a pic from above and the eggs are still clearly visible.

tassietigers001.jpg

perhaps he climbed up on the glass and changed colour from being up on the glass, i found when my geckos were on the plastic side was when they changed colour which is why i thought it was camo, i also know someone who use clear kitty litter as a substrate for marbles and they went that pale colour and stayed that way. if you gecko is gravid it isn't a porblem, you'll know soon enough their eggs are always clearly visible as they develope.

this is a pic from above and the eggs are still clearly visible.

tassietigers001.jpg

WOW, she's fat.:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back