HELP! lost bearded dragon (outdoors)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone, unfortunatly there is no luck in finding him :( we tore our whole patio out yesterday in 38 degrees! looking for him and checking everything, but we couldn't not find one trace of him :(
I've decided to let it go 4 a while and the next days here in adelaide will be raining and there will be no luck in finding him. I come home every day from school for the last 4 days, in oven heat looking for him, but its like he dissapeared off the face of the earth. U would think he would be sunning himself out on a 38 degree day, but i look everywhere he would be but i cant find him. Where ever u are Mo Jo, plz come back home :(.......

Hey :)
I let my girl out in my backyard all the time. In fact she is there now. Several times i haven't been able to find her but i just leave her for the night, get up at the crack of dawn and there she is wandering around.
The hardest part is spotting them as they blend in VERY well.
They can hide in many strange places and they climb very well so don't just look on the ground. I've often find mine in out standard rose bushes and wondered how the hell does she manage to get there?
Did you often let him out? I've found if i let my girl out every second day she certainly doesn't wander very far but if i've left her 'locked up' in her tank for a few days she wanders more.
I really reccomend getting up at sunrise and having a good look then as he will be basking or moving to a basking spot then.
Best of luck.
If you want some help having a bit of a search, I'm more than happy to help :)

thats not good to hear ,keep your head up thou ,i lost one of my spotty hatches and found him in the yard 3 months later

by the way I find at the moment (i'm home all day as uni hasn't gone back yet, and yes my lizard is my company) they bask during the morning and the late afternoon, as its too hot during the middle of the day. Curling up to sleep right now around eightish.

hi babba,
nope we have still not found him :( it still worries me alot of the time and every time i hear a noise in the garden i will watch and search for him. Maybe he might turn up next spring now, but im sure he will be thriving somewhere.

that sucks i had a hatchling water dragon fall into my pool and i looked after hom for a while cause his tail had abig kink in it and a few scales missing
i looked after him for about 3 months let him go and then the next spring came when i was cleaning my pool and he ran and sat on my foot it scared the crap out of my but he had the same kink in his tail hes was huge big red belly ....
i hope you find him he might pop up in the next coming weeks if you kep trying to put woodies in a small container ..
but its up to you keep trying you might succeed in finding him ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back