Help lost snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perdueb84

Reaction score
I did some modifications to my scrub python's cage, and basically there is a little piece of wood at the bottom that slides up and down that I use to run my heat lamp cord through. After I was done I thought I closed that piece of wood but, apparently not all the way. I've laid out four mice but, any suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm really depressed right now because he got lose basically because I wasn't paying attention. He hardly leaves his branches so I've put a mouse there and left his heat lamp on hoping he'll search out a heat source. I know this is a different kind of snake to get lose since he's not exactly terrestrial. Hoping some people with experience could give me some suggestions. Thanks.

Where abouts is the enclosure - inside the house or a garage or somewhere there is easy access to the outside? Are you in a cool area or in the tropics? All these factors will influence the likelihood of getting it back. if the enclosure is in your house, the chances of recovery are very high. Wait until dark and then look around with a torch - up high, on curtain rails, cupboards, benches. Behind the fridge (usually warm), or wherever you have chargers or transformers plugged in. It's unlikely you'll see him during the day, but you may uncover him if he's hiding (shoes, boots, boxes, behind books in a shelf... anywhere he can fit really).

I would just make sure the access to the outside is blocked (gaps under doors, open windows etc), and domestic pets are unable to kill it if they find it before you do), and relax until the darker hours. You may have luck if you get up a few times during the night and check with the torch - it's far easier to see them in torchlight than it is in a fully lit room.

Good luck

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back