Help Naming New Gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newcomer

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought an 18mnth old thick-tailed gecko yesterday & need some help deciding on a name.
So far it's between "Kami" (aboriginal word for prickly lizard), "Jarrah" (aboriginal word for eucalyptus tree) or Mozart (..dont ask). Thoughts??

i like Jarrah as a name but it also depends on wether it suites the gecko. maybe post a pic and it will be easier to decide what name suites him:)

I bought him from a reptile shop, they didnt name him. He's a male, quite fiesty. Am trying to upload photos now. Funny little bugger :p

You should keep the name it's parents gave it, don't go changing it on him, he will get confused.

Thats true, i named one of my snakes and whenever i call it, it just looks confused and slithers the other way!

Thats true, i named one of my snakes and whenever i call it, it just looks confused and slithers the other way!

Well, you need to find out it's name off the parents...though talking snake can be hard, but I believe Harry Potter can talk to snakes, maybe he could help? Not sure who can talk Gecko..other than Dr Dolittle.

Here's my little friend. What do you think?

profilepic18451_7.gif

he looks ADORABLE to me! :p but i think out of those options he looks like a Jarrah - good name and suites him well

Haha thanks Oreo - he's a cutie, I think I will go with Jarrah. It suits him I think. Also isnt that a brand of coffee or chocolate or something? Sweeeeeeeet lol

Well, you need to find out it's name off the parents...though talking snake can be hard, but I believe Harry Potter can talk to snakes, maybe he could help? Not sure who can talk Gecko..other than Dr Dolittle.

:( Everytime i google Harry Potter i get pics of some weird looking shiny pale vampire guy.
I guess ill just have go see its parents, although i still dont know snakeneese so i dont know if that will do any good....... :|

i like Jarrah, but how about slinky? my sis wanted to call her snake that :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back