HELP! Need info on hatchlings quick!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: HELP! Need info on hatchlings quick

beknluke said:
Ohhhhhhhh - he's BEAUTIFUL!!!!
We were going to get huskies but were told (by the husky clum mind you) that they're a handgul!! Personally, I think that we would have been better off with those rather than our OCD Border Collie!!
(She's beautiful though so that makes up for it ;) )

I was told this soo many times too! But I must say its absolute rubbish!!! Only if you get a husky from a racing line, will it be over exubberant and destructive...my Rambo's quite the couch potato! Though he does luv his daily walks...and can u believe he doesn't even pull on the lead. Also, he's has never even tried to escape...it's mainly my other two poms who dig under the fence...lol :lol: Also, there's been heaps of times when he had got free in the neighbourhood, but he didn't bolt, as huskies typically do...he just came straight back when we called him...and we never even trained him...yep, he's a very special boy and I lov him to bits!!! Also, I think i mentioned earlier that my past border collie Rex, was way more destructive than Rambo....he even used to herd people around and drag me behind with the leads at walks chasing the trucks on the road!!!

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: HELP! Need info on hatchlings q

ps..sorry...i know i write long comments :D It's just i luv my doggies so much!!!

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: HELP! Need info on hatchlings q

wat dogs u hav afro?

RE: Re: RE: HELP! Need info on hatchlings quick!

An Enclosure 3x2x2 is way 2 big for a hatchling af any sort. I keep all my hatchlings in Click Clack boxes on heat mats 4 no less than 3 months and if they move then ensure they have lots of small hides. I find it harder to control the temp. if the click clack is in a larger enclosure. The gradient temp is having one end of the tank at around 28-30 degrees and the other end 10 degrees cooler so the animal can climate control itself. Hope this hels more :)

RE: Re: RE: HELP! Need info on hatchlings quick!

i got my hatchling off bob as well.

ive got mine in a click clack with a heat pad under the tank on one side to provide the thermal gradient.

they shud be fed pinkies but i think you should prob wait a week or 2 before attempting to feed so that your snake has a chance to settle in.

my click clack is about 40cm long, 25 wide and 20 deep, ive heard that putting young pythons in a large enclosure to begin with can freak them out, but theres a fair amount of opinions to the contrary. i figure if you have enough hides your snake should be happy regardless.

thats my 2 cents!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back