Help PLEASE!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch_89

Reaction score
My Gecko will not eat... oedura tryoni.... southern spotted velvet gecko.

i got it then two days later chucked 3 crickets in he ate one and hasn't eaten since its been 10 days and still has not eaten.... wondering if he needs more heat or wat im doing wrong.... Help Please!!!!

My Gecko will not eat... oedura tryoni.... southern spotted velvet gecko.

i got it then two days later chucked 3 crickets in he ate one and hasn't eaten since its been 10 days and still has not eaten.... wondering if he needs more heat or wat im doing wrong.... Help Please!!!!
ok i think they/we might need more info .
eg: how hot is the enclosure , are u handling it , is it dark/night time when your trying to get it to eat ?

How old is it and what temps are you running?
was it being cooled by the last owner?

Male, full grown, 18 to 22 degrees, try to feed at night

Dont know how old but its fully grown and its male if that makes it different and it has a heat mat ..... the cage thermometer says around 18 degrees most the time then gets up to around 22 ish ..... im getting a bigger heat mat today and yes its dark and night time wen i try to feed...

Hey Mitch , is it in the new enclosure ??
I am sure the way i had it , it would have been much hotter than 18-22 , so maybe the new mat will get more heat to it .
Probably why it may not be eating , dont handle it either , as i said they are not really for handling , will only stress it out .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back