help save the endangered Inland Carpet Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionMorelia

Reaction score
scouring through google as i do when i cant sleep i spotted this gem at the DSE.vic,
anyone with these guys found locally to you help the guy out with stories.
“We already know that good numbers of Carpet Pythons exist around the Warby Ranges, near Wangaratta, however we are extremely keen to hear about other sightings.”

Carpet Pythons have a beautiful mottled skin with a pattern of dark grey and black patches. They are most active between dusk and dawn and can be inactive for months during winter.

While they can hand out a pretty painful bite, the pythons are generally not aggressive towards humans, however are often illegally killed by humans by mistake.

The project will run from October to June 2011, with field surveys to be conducted on Burrowa – Pine Mountain, Mount Lawson and Mount Granya in the Upper Murray.

“By learning more about where the species occurs, we can assist to protect them into the future by better managing the remaining populations and habitat,” Dr Michael said.

help save the endangered Inland Carpet Python

Thats great Ozzie Python!

Seems not many are found :(

Cheers Jay. I can tell you that myself and other collegues have put in countless hours looking for them, and find them only on the rare occasion when conditions are ideal.

kel and julie worley sold me mine and its a cracker, never bites greedy feeder and sheds perfect with great patterns and colors pythons1.com.au

i kno she isnt wild but this is my girl from kel an julie:)
9553641.bab00767.jpg

9553636.8f15deb6.1024.jpg

9553634.31579cda.1024.jpg

9553639.0516346e.1024.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back