HELP!! Snake egg trouble!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might take a couple of weeks before you notice any change in them, so don't expect any change by the weekend.

I think they look fine. Nice healthy colour, some dimpling is expected. As a reference, the eggs no-two posted pics of will probably all hatch.

I reallly hope they work out for me.... Otherwise that hatchling rack im buying off you will have no residents lol!

uhhhhh here they are at day 17... i'm doing all i can D:

I decided to put them into vemiculite as the heating in my incubator was from above, so it would not get humid enough if they were sitting on a tray.
oh so stressful...

IMG_2708copy.jpg

They still look fine. By moving individual eggs around, if you haven't marked them "this side up", you run the risk of drowning the embryos. Patience Grasshopper!

They look okay - nice healthy white colour and not too caved in. Have you thought about putting a little fan into the incubator next year? Mine are heated from below in a big fridge and seem to do very well.

Sounds promising!!! Well yes next year im planning on a new incubator all together. Probably just a converted bar fridge with heating from below

Still a nice healthy colour. Only Three more weeks to go!

Nothing wrong with those eggs ramzee,dont fuss too much,as long as they have one little air hole in the container or its opened briefly once a week theyll have enough oxygen and the humidity will be alright,find something else to do for a while.:)

I stressed out last year ( first incubation ) when mine deflated quiet badly , i added a big bowl of water into the incubator and sealed the 4 little air holes i had in the tub . I was also told by another breeder if they get that flat to give a light mist of water a few times a day which ended up puffing them back out . I lost 1 egg ( out of 21 ) that went rotten 2 weeks before hatching and the 20 that were left popped out 21 hatchys :) .
This year is less stressful as i have a glass door bar fridge that i made into a incubator and it is in my bed room so i just have a look through the door on the way past and make any adjustments as needed . bring on the Xmas my hatch date :)
Good luck with them mate and im looking forward to seeing your hatching pics :)

cheers Nico

freshly laid
PA300938.jpg

about half way
dinted eggs.jpg

starting to hatch
first 2 hatchies.jpg

1/2 the reward for 2 months of stress
10-20.jpg

Thanks for the heads up guys...

My God though, i still cant believed none of the eggs i currently have have died!
I mean it doesn't get much worse with deflation early looking at my pics (i'd think).
I really hope they last 3 more weeks.

thanks again guys and congrats on your clutch nico

the first thing I'd personally do is take the hydrometer thing out of there and that probe (you dont need that stuff in the tub) and block up the holes in the side. If the lid and tub is airtight the eggs should re-hydrate in a few days. but if they dont they will still probably hatch anyway. I never half bury eggs in verniculite.. I sit them on top of the vermiculite mix.

eggs are pretty tough... relax

Hey Colin, only saw your post now, but isn't it a bit to late for them to plump back up? The egg box is air tight as i put blue-tac through the hole where the probe comes through.
Update
IMG_3320copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back