Help stop this!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
snakes take years to get to full size and demande for reptile skin is high in certain countries so they do poach them and hide behind the "oh we farm them" lies. just like certain courties say "we are in australian waters studdying whales and have to kill a few to study them" lol biggest joke ever. they are poaching them for meat and they have very few if none in their own waters.

i for one hope that one day my great great great great grandchildren will be able to see animals/ reptiles in the wild and not just in books.

i signed and so did my partner.

Well I don't know how to look at it. The fact that we buy these products as a matter of want is horrible and I want that stopped. I also hate the idea of skinning any animal of course I do love reptiles so in particular this is sad for me. However I understand that the poor people in the 3rd world countries need the income. So yes I disagree with the purchase and skinning of reptiles however if it is banned this gives the people in the industry no work so there is a good and bad in both. Meaning if the parliament ban it they really need a compromise of some sort.

Although I don't like the idea of people who already struggle losing their jobs, I have signed it and will encourage others to sign it too as this is a devastating situation which provides people with ugly clothing and accessories and causes only unnecessary harm to animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back