Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westhamsc

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys when i first joined this site i read something about a skink scent oil that you put a couple of drops on some food to get a bad feeder going with eating can any one remember this and where you get it from?

thanks westie

I tried it years ago on pinkies being offered to Yellow-faced Whipsnakes. Had no effect at all...

I hope it works....or that I can even get it :?. Looking everywhere on that site westy and most of them either don't seem to have it or don't ship to Australia. Or they ship to Australia but you have to order $250 worth of stuff before they will :shock:. I'm still looking but I dunno....

Hope so :?. I just found a place that will send to Australia but they have to email you shipping cost for you to either accept or decline...could be expensive!

Thanx matey :)

Hmm, I have a feeling That might all change sooner or later, theres certainly a viable nisch for an international import of herp products, a local enterpreneur might make a killing! :)
Sounds like a product id try, sheerly out of curiosity! :D

Hey guys,
I had some a couple of years back and it didnt work for me. That being said I am pretty sure I got it from The Reptile Barn in Sydney. I went back to keeping a few dropped tails in the freezer and chopping off a little at feeding time, worked a treat.

olive did you have mouse maker or did you have lizard maker they are differn't products the thing is zoe and soulys little coastal is a fussy poo and we where looking for skinks yesterday but chould not find any thanks to new housing developments :( taking over there habitat

re help

olivehydra said:
Hey guys,
I had some a couple of years back and it didnt work for me. That being said I am pretty sure I got it from The Reptile Barn in Sydney. I went back to keeping a few dropped tails in the freezer and chopping off a little at feeding time, worked a treat.
westie i to was a sucker and bought lizard maker from rep barn a few years ago, like 20$ for little bottle and it didnt work for me either :evil: :evil: it just maker the money for sella :evil: :evil: Yeh it was thrown to the craphouse :x :x :evil:

Jonno Lucas recently drew my attention to a post from a few years ago on the Aussieherps list said they(cant remember the original poster, apologies) had great success using fish to scent pinkies to get elapids feeding.

This is for my little hypo coastal carpet who's about a year old and still the size of a hatchy :?. He will eat skink scented food or skinks themselves but we don't have any and haven't been able to find any anywhere! This little guy is so skinny he doesn't look like he's gonna last much longer so I'm really hoping we can get this stuff and it works. I think there was one which was a specific skink scenter as well but I can't find it or remember the name properly....anyone remember it?

re help

Forget about lizard maker,get out and find a skink,they are not hard to find even if you have to go to a neighbours garden or park,assist feed it or offer it live mice or pink rats. :)

Ultimate Reptiles used to sell it, not sure if they still do. The only risks using real skinks is that of faecal/urine contamination and parasite transfer.

zulu when you live in the city they are hard to find! We spent an hour walking around a lake near us and turned over zillions of rocks and found nothing. Did run into a beautiful yearling tiger snake though :D. My first wild ven lol. Oh and we've tried live a few times now and he won't eat them either :?

Danny we only need to use the tail and he's happy...do we need to worry about any contamination from just a tail? But I might try URS and see if they can still get the lizard maker. Thanx :p

hey guys, try this ive posted it before on this site get your self a cooked prawn and crush it up and paint it on your mouse or rat and offer it to your snakes that only eat lizards it works for me every time .

Thanx spotlight, that's worth a try! I think we're getting some lizard maker now but if it doesn't work we'll definitely try that!

Ever try the Cambells chicken soup? I have also got stubborn hatchies feeding on raw steak. I just cut it into pieces the size of pinkies and they take it. And then i start rubbing steak onto rodents and they fall for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back