Help! White Crowned Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JenKathleen

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Last night I found a White Crowned Snake at around 11pm, one of my dogs was playing with it and I shooed him away but noticed it had a few minor scratches. They have been cleaned with betadine based animal stuff and he's quite friendly. He's in my old tank and is alive this morning, but isnt moving much?
Anyway, I don't want to release him again until I know he's going to make it and his scratches wont get infected, but I need to know what to feed him? I've been researching and I know they eat skinks and small lizards, but is there anything else? We have an abundance of lizards at my place so it's no problem catching them, but I didn't know if that's legal?
And if not, what else can I feed him?
Thanks,
Jen

It's illegal for you to keep the white crown, even though you are trying to do the right thing. Either take it to your local vet who will have licensed wildlife carers on their books.
Or see if someone on here is near you who has the appropriate rehab licence.
Maybe if you can post your location.

It's illegal for you to keep the white crown, even though you are trying to do the right thing. Either take it to your local vet who will have licensed wildlife carers on their books.
Or see if someone on here is near you who has the appropriate rehab licence.
Maybe if you can post your location.

Alright will do, thanks heaps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back