HElp with mites please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karmag

Not so new Member
Reaction score
14 month old Darwin Carpet Albino has not eaten in over 6 wks very worried. Think he may have mites as he is flopping into his water bowl which he has not done before.
Easiest and quickest way to get rid of mites without affecting snake would be appreciated
Karmag

:?

Do not treat for mites unless you can confirm it actually has them.

Check all your temps to make sure everything is ok.Give the snake a quick going over to see if you notice any problems with it.

so i had him out Saturday arvo, noticed nothing different about him..... he is usually very placid, he seems rather agitated and has been for a few weeks now.... not taking rats, very active at night..... in water bowl daily or some parts of him are..... i am worried,as he has not eaten for a while now.. and was such a good feeder prior to this.....

Check temps to make sure they are right.Are nights getting cooler in Adelaide?

yes temps are good. but nights are cooler, air conditioner on all night for past few nights.... he is very sheltered where he is and i check temp every morning.... all seems well there.

Mites should be quite easy to see on the Albino. Check his bowl to see if there are any in the bottom.

yes temps are good. but nights are cooler, air conditioner on all night for past few nights.... he is very sheltered where he is and i check temp every morning.... all seems well there.

Check what it is getting down to on the cool side at the coldest part of the day which is usually around sunrise.Min/Max thermometers are best for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back