help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock02

Not so new Member
Reaction score
my spotted python started shedding last Monday its been 8 days should i be worried
:?

Started the shedding process 8 days ago or has he been trying to get the old shed off for 8days?

If he started the shedding process 8 days ago then nothing to worry about.

Even if your Spotted is trying to get the old shed off and it's been 8 days... I still wouldn't worry.
As long as the shed has come off of the head/eye caps/tail/cloacal opening. It will sort itself out.
I had a bad experience where I tried helping one of my Snakes get a bad shed off.
Long story short - I did more harm than good. No matter how gentle I thought I was. Just keep that in mind.

Our recently acquired full size spotty went off its food 2 weeks ago and went into hiding.
I tried a yummy mouse yesterday and noticed something different in the hide. When I removed the hide with the snake tucked up inside it had completely shed in one go and was immaculate. I brought her out for a bit of fresh air which she seemed to enjoy by nearly choking me 8). There was a couple of scats in there so I gave the hide a good clean and rinse. Will try another mouse tonight.The shed must have happened over about 24hrs does this sound right to anyone ?Prior to that there was no sign no fading no cloudiness. How long should the process normally take out of interest?
2013-10-09094817_zps3337cf08.jpg

Last edited:
about 2 weeks she probably did all that the 2 weeks of hiding, they will hide when ugly, just before shedding they will return back to normal colouring and eyes go back to normal, then shed. and will start eating again straight afterwards.

Started the shedding process 8 days ago or has he been trying to get the old shed off for 8days?

If he started the shedding process 8 days ago then nothing to worry about.

Jarrod is right, what exactly do you call "started shedding" did it start to hide away last Monday or start literally shedding it's skin last Monday?

- - - Updated - - -

Even if your Spotted is trying to get the old shed off and it's been 8 days... I still wouldn't worry.
As long as the shed has come off of the head/eye caps/tail/cloacal opening. It will sort itself out.
I had a bad experience where I tried helping one of my Snakes get a bad shed off.
Long story short - I did more harm than good. No matter how gentle I thought I was. Just keep that in mind.
Don't mean to be rude but if one of my snakes took 8 days to get out of his skin I would be looking at possible husbandry issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back