Hemp bark substrate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tahnia666

Reaction score
I'm trying out the hemp bark substrate at the moment, it looks nice
Anyone else use it?
eje6umyn.jpg

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

I use it and find it fine for most of my snakes but the breeder of my Bhp's had trouble with it getting stuck in his bhp's mouth so I use paper for my bhp's

Without being picky, I think you will find it is the core of the hemp stem. The bark contains the hemp fibers which are useful, but the core is a waste product and so ideal as bedding as it is absorbant and relatively low cost.

[MENTION=34534]andynic07[/MENTION] I was using pine bark bedding, but after reading a few things here and there I thought I d try something different :) the pine stuff was agood substrate and I' assumed that because it was heat treated, it was ok. But I'm undecided... So I'm taking the cautious road and swapping anyway lol he takes his food up high.on his perch so I don't need to worry about him eating it :)
And thanks for the clarification [MENTION=1408]wokka[/MENTION] :)

I use the shredded hemp stem and haven't found an issue yet.

Thanks [MENTION=37408]Robpiersen[/MENTION] :) my snake certainly had a ball in his enclosure last night!! Lol trashed it, he spent more time on the ground in there than he ever has lol

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back