Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Is the Bredl's Python named for Rob Bredl's family? I have been wondering this for awhile but it just occured to me because Killer Instinct is on. Not sure if you have that there.

The snake is named after his father who was also a respected herp and was one of the few people to be bitten by an inland taipan. I don't know if he survived the bite but I an certain he is no longer with us. Killer Instinct may be on cable - I have not seen it. The used to be a show called the barefoot bushman which generally featured rob being bitten by various animals.

Thanks guys.

Fuscus, Joe did survive his encounter with the inland tiapan. The first time I saw Rob Bredl was about 8 or 9 years ago and his father was on the show discussing the tiapan bite. The show that's on right now is about 'bush tucker'.

IMO being known as someone who has survived all these deadly snake bites aint a good record... this would mean u shouldn't be workin with the animal if u get bitten all the time. this aint nothing bad against rob or his father joe as i am a huge fan of them both!

I agree. There's this old guy in the states that own a milking centre. His name is Bill Haast and he's been bitten hundreds (not exaggerating) by various venomous species. He's so lucky to be alive. He injects himself with venom and is immune to some. He force feeds all his animals via tube. Some people think this guy's a god but I think he's a $hitty handler with poor husbandry techniques. Ya he's saved alot of lives with his milking operation, I respect a handler and keeper that hasn't been invenomated alot more. Not to mention one that dosen't needlessly force feed snakes. Grrrrr :evil:

kevyn said:
I agree. There's this old guy in the states that own a milking centre. His name is Bill Haast and he's been bitten hundreds (not exaggerating) by various venomous species. He's so lucky to be alive. He injects himself with venom and is immune to some. He force feeds all his animals via tube. Some people think this guy's a god but I think he's a $hitty handler with poor husbandry techniques. Ya he's saved alot of lives with his milking operation, I respect a handler and keeper that hasn't been invenomated alot more. Not to mention one that dosen't needlessly force feed snakes. Grrrrr :evil:

I know you guys hate being compared with your neighbors so I will not :lol: , but I meet a american at a reptile club and he announced that he had been bitten by hundreds a rattle snakes, died and been revived back to life 9 times....I hate that crap...I was bitten when I was 19 by a northern adder and it shamed me so much :oops: because its a mistake one can not keep repeating :wink:

yeah, kevyn i saw a docco on bill haast!
bloody idiot if you ask me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back