"Herp Care Software"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCJTC

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Downloaded HCS and installed... seemed very simple and straight forward... Well it crapped itself, NO data will save... I uninstalled and reinstalled and the same happened...

Does anyone know if there is a conflict between HCS and Vista...???

:shock:

Last edited:
Bump...

Well I've read rave reviews about this software and all I can say is, it's crap... I downloaded it from ---> http://www.thegeckocam.com/hcs/what/index.php, I watched the demo, it didn't work, I loaded it onto my partners 'XP' machine and still it didn't work. Won't retain snake information, wont allow me to list feeds, wont allow me to manage the enclosure, when i input the date of purchase it wont move on until I put in the date of sale---***...??? In short it's useless...

Back to pen and paper I guess...

Had a quick look at this software. Seems you have click the "new" icon before you start your data entry. The graphic attached shows the new button with a red circle around it. Hope this helps.:)

Attachments

• herpsw.JPG
    herpsw.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 51
Had a quick look at this software. Seems you have click the "new" icon before you start your data entry. The graphic attached shows the new button with a red circle around it. Hope this helps.:)

That was the first thing I did... :cry:

Downloaded it and tested it on XP - worked ok. Did a couple of checks and noticed that it isn't really Vista compatible, it tries and saves its data in C:\Program Files\HCS\data , vista doesn't like saving data in C:\Program Files and does a few tricks which your software might not like. Try reinstalling it in a different directory instead of C:\Program Files\HCS\. I tried C:\HCS\ and it worked fine.

Can't say I'm all that in pressed with it though

Downloaded it and tested it on XP - worked ok. Did a couple of checks and noticed that it isn't really Vista compatible, it tries and saves its data in C:\Program Files\HCS\data , vista doesn't like saving data in C:\Program Files and does a few tricks which your software might not like. Try reinstalling it in a different directory instead of C:\Program Files\HCS\. I tried C:\HCS\ and it worked fine.

Can't say I'm all that in pressed with it though

I tried it on my partners machine, running XP, wouldn't run on there either... I'm not going to waste any more time on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back