HERP CROSSING now in USE - GIVE WAY

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
First day out Herp-Driving on this beautiful, warm, sunny day to find not many, but a few reptiles on the move. The water dragons are always busy along the river bank,
025.jpg

and also spotted a bluey there, too.
021.jpg

Further on I found a cute little turtle crossing the road, heading for the water.
027.jpg

029.jpg

I moved him off the road in the direction he was heading..
030.jpg

and after taking photos of this beautiful young lace monitor
034.jpg

I realised that he was hurt, no doubt been hit by a car. The only sign of injury is bleeding from his mouth but he couldn't run away :( He has feeling in his back legs and moves them but couldn't seem to lift himself up to run off.
040.jpg

I've brought him home so he can rest up and hopefully recover. He wants to be alert, trying to resist my handling and half-hearted whip of his tail but he isn't very strong :( . Sadly, a decent sized red belly was dead on the road. Nothing I could do, you could barely recognise him and it only looked like a fresh incident.

So that's what I did on my first Spring Day. Now its time to leave the lizard alone and get ready for work :(

Good save, keep us updated with the poor critter. Good pics too.

Poor little lacie. I really hope he pulls through.
Please keep us updated on him.

Also very unfortunate about the rbb. R.I.P.

Just got home from work and checked on my rescue patient. I had to disturb him :( , he was curled up like a ball, sleeping. I turned off his light but have a heatcord heating the floor.

His mouth has stopped bleeding but he still isn't lifting his head up :( So just keeping fingers crossed now for a full recovery. Tomorrow I will check his mouth to see where he is hurt and go from there.

gosh I hope he has only been clipped by the car...poor little thing.....in many ways it was prolly good you went to work if he has any chance the warm and silence will help him to rest and at least have a go at recovering....

All good wishes for the lacie. He's beautiful.

Lacey is still alive this morning. I missed the cutest picture of him sleeping all curled up. Tomorrow morning I'll be quieter with the lock so I don't disturb him.

I got my husband to help me suss out his mouth - much to Tim's delight, hehehe....not - but there is only a small amount of conjealed blood on one side of his jaw. Nothing coming from his throat or nose so I hope that's a good sign. But he seems to be lacking co-ordination with his head :( Hopefully its just concussion, and a headache from being clipped. Will know it a few more days. I don't want to have to put him down :( He is very pretty. And no need to try handle him anymore so he can spend his time resting undisturbed.

I bought him a cardboard log this morning to give him more security :D
003-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

Last edited:
Good to hear he is alive this morning. Hopefully there's no major underlying issue as to why he has lack of co-ordination. Brain damage could be one thing. Hopefully he has improved more by tomorrow.

poor little thing

just as an aside....you wont get into trouble with looking after him will you.....you know how hopeless the wildlife authorities can be at times and I would hate to see you fined for helping........

fingers crossed for the poor little thing.....

Let sleeping lizzies lie

poor little thing

just as an aside....you wont get into trouble with looking after him will you.....you know how hopeless the wildlife authorities can be at times and I would hate to see you fined for helping........

fingers crossed for the poor little thing.....

I let my FAWNA registration lapse but I still seem to be the one ppl call, or bring reptiles to that they find hurt or need them caught. Last I heard FAWNA were struggling to get ppl to want to take on the reptiles. Maybe I should re-join, but only as a carer. I use to to rescue, too, but nine times out of ten I was wasting petrol driving all over the place to find nothing.

Thanks Ambush, and all, for your thoughts. I will keep you updated on his progress.

Yay! The photo I been trying to get. I managed to get the lock off the door without disturbing him. I know he's alive, could see him breathing :)
Dear little thing, this is just too cute :D

001-1.jpg

002-3.jpg

Last edited:
Aww, sweet. It's a shame he's there because he got hit. Fingers crossed he'll recover.

Yeah thanks :( Its still too early to tell if he has brain damage or if its temporary. I left him alone today, he hasn't moved from that spot all day.

well done nice find... good to see your looking after the poor lil bugger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back