Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well today I took the day to visit Alexr, we planned a bush walk near his place to go look for some herps, well no longer than 15 minutes into the walk we were lucky to find this gem!

Whilst taking a photo of a skink Alex almost stepped on it in the grass, then as it slithered across the path we took a closer look, I picked him up and noticed a wound and some mites attached, so (being the good people we are!) I took the mites off him and let him go, he was a fiesty fella but was an awesome site, the colours were amazing!

Not long after we spotted plenty of Water dragons, a turtle and a Lace Monitor which was too fast for us for pictures.. He was a great site and it was a terrific day.

alexgtree1.sized.jpg

alexgtree6.sized.jpg

alexgtree2.jpg

alexgtree11.sized.jpg

Oh yeah and sorry dialup again!!

Plenty more pics if ya want them!

Plenty more pics if ya want them!

Nah, i think we've seen enough pics of herps to last us a life time. No more thanks (note the sarcasm)..

Beautiful snake, I think you are referring to ticks rather than mites though. Thanks for sharing, keep 'em coming!

Thanks mate, yes meant to say mites..idiot lol.

Ok few more, we were on the look out for red bellys, didnt see any but couldnt believe our luck with this guy, i dont have a clue how common they are in Sydney we both kinda looked at each other and went "well, wasnt expecting to see one of those!"

alexgtree12.jpg

alexgtree13.jpg

Such gorgeous colous..

alexwater.jpg

Awesome colour on that pugs i didn't think they came that colour down that way.I think gts are pretty common most of the way along the coast not sure how far south they go???Sounds like ya had a top trip mate :wink:

I have seen a wild gts with mites but not the typical mites we get in our herp collections.

Wow really nice gts guys. Looks like a good size too. Was this out Frenchs forest way pugsly?

Yeah Linus, (Frenchs Forest / Davidson) he was almost in the exact same spot I saw the diamond several weeks ago.

And they were ticks - and they were everywhere - got one on me too.

The kids and I had a great time - thanks for taking the trip over Pugs... Next time I think its golf your way.

no worries mate, had a ball, photos of the bredli are just unbelievable too!

And they were ticks - and they were everywhere - got one on me too.

Yeh apparently northern beaches is set to have one of the worst summers ever in terms of ticks. Saw an article about it the other day.

Nice find mate! next sunny day im going up there to look at the herps if u wanted to see some red bellies the terry hills golf course is covered in them.

Well after a ripper of a sunday, i didnt think it could get any better, well maybe it didnt but look what i found at work today!! YEEEHAA!

golfnew1.jpg

golfnew8.sized.jpg

He/she sat there for a while until some idiots decided to run up behind me when i was taking some photos and it scooted away, ahwell he will be back tomorrow hehe.

golfnew5.jpg

Fantastic! Pugsly. Gotta get me into golf!

OK Apple, next time Im up for a walk I'll give that a try (I'll PM you if you like - happy to swing by and give you a lift...(if your up to it of course!)

Got any more pics pugsly?

there all pretty much the same he was only there for about 1 minute before he got scared off..

golfnew6.sized.jpg

golfnew2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back