Herper help needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newtosnakes

Reaction score
Is there anybody in Western Sydney willing to head over to my house sometime to help me out? I recently purchased a female stimmi who is the crankiest girl I have ever seen. I need an experienced handler who is willing to show me the best way of getting her used to being handled without me ending up with arms full of bites....

PLEASE???

Thanks in advance to all you wonderful people.. :lol:

Cheers

Mel

I reckon anteresias have "small snake syndrome". I would love to be able to help you out Mel but I know nothing about what you are wanting to achieve.

Of course, one way that might work is to get your husband (sorry, forgotten name already) to handle him for the next few months. You wont get arm fulls of bites then. hehe

I am in Blacktown.

Pete, I would just like her to be able to come out and play sometimes without her pretending to be an eastern brown and killing me... :lol:

My male (stimmi that is) is the most placid of snakes you will ever come across and i would like her to be slightly more like him...

George is of the opinion that "it is my snake, it is my problem".

I find with my snakes that they get very defensive whilst in thier enclosure, if i take them out with a hook and then handle them they are much more relaxed. Leave it alone for a week or two then try that, then handle every second day and eventually it should settle down.

Also check the little things like a hide spot or the temps etc.

Goodluck

pugsly, i have checked all this and last time i took her out of her enclosure she was removed with a hook. Still remained cranky pants for ages everytime i moved a muscle..

My advice would to just be patient and take the bites and persist with regular handling...and be thankful it's just a little stimmi :wink:
Yeah getting bitten is annoying but your persistance will pay off.

*Unless its one of those little spawns of satan that never calms down :p

mel i had a similar maca that reacts with every touch by pulling away an stricking back.i find once you have the snake in your hands keep constant contact with the snake with your hands rub the snakes back with your thumbs , it soon relaxes
also move slowly when around the snake and hope it grows out of it like mine has
good luck

if you don't want bites, theres welding gloves,;) he he he, or riggers gloves just for your hands, until she gets used to being touched, but i find that they jump when something warm touches them but with something else like a hook, they hardly jump at all

I just wanted to say the worlds biggest thank you to Neil aka NCHERPS. He headed over to our house and showed me that she really is not as bad as we thought. It is more down to my lack of confidence around her. He has showed me how to go about handling her properly and to slowly gain both my confidence with her and her confidence with us.

So thanks again to Neil for coming over at such short notice and for also passing on a lot of very useful knowledge. Hopefully with time and patience we will get there.

newtosnakes said:
I just wanted to say the worlds biggest thank you to Neil aka NCHERPS. He headed over to our house and showed me that she really is not as bad as we thought. It is more down to my lack of confidence around her. He has showed me how to go about handling her properly and to slowly gain both my confidence with her and her confidence with us.

So thanks again to Neil for coming over at such short notice and for also passing on a lot of very useful knowledge. Hopefully with time and patience we will get there.

Mel,
Your more than welcome. You have my number if you need anymore help or advice.
All the best.

Neil

Our little Childreni that we got as our families first snake called my bluff and had me sh?? scared. A little yearling had a bloke my size crapping himself every time I went near him in the enclosure. I made a hook and hooked him out every time. Within 2 weeks he's the most delightfull thing to handle and has never attempted to tag anyone of us. The kids think he is a dream to handle.

I agre wth RustyShadow and rubbed my hands up and down to get him used to the touch.

Good onya Neil, nice thing to do that, and goodluck with him now newtosnakes keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back