herpers in melbourne

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpentes_15

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I love going out herping when i have free time, however i don't really know many people in my area that i can just go with on a random short notice basis.

I'm 19 and doing a degree in conservation biology and ecology and just want to link up with some people in the Melbourne area that are also keen on going out into the field and checking out our wildlife.

I allready know a few honours and postgraduate students and stuff like that but they are normally to busy for a casual trip, allthough we do organise some wicked trips that we plan out in advance as well as volunteer work on research projects (mostly reptile related of course)

So if anyone just wants to go out there and herp for the fun of it as well as get involved with some conservation based, volunteer work, or would be happy to include me in some of there herp activities just pm me or something.

Cheers everyone

Hey serp. Just new to the site. Just got my first snake. I am interested in learning more about the volunteer stuff. Any information would be good. Going out to do herping sounds good to but not sure about the time I have available with work. Let me know more about it.

I just thought I'd mention as well that anyone who would consider taking animals from the wild or exploiting good herp places makes me sick, and that anyone who involves themselves in such activities should not even bother with this thread.

I just want to get a group of people passionate about reptiles and there conservation together so that we may be able to organize herp trips, and discuss herp issues relating to the Melbourne area.

anyone feel free to contribute ideas and suggested places to visit. Obviously though avoid mentioning species that may be found in public because of those mentioned above.

Cheers:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back