Herping at the Local Nursery

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeluvver

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I had the best herping adventure of my life today.
My mum dragged me out to the local nursery, we walked through the enterance into a large wooden structure with beams across the roof. Next door to it was another structure. In there my mum saw a 1m lace monitor resting on the beams! I was of course excited, but annoyed I didnt have the camera.
Then, on our way out, we walked through the wooden structure at the enterance and a MASSIVE Coastal Carpet Python was slithering along the beams, and further along there was another lace monitor!
The Carpet Python was the highlight of the whole week, you never know when you'll see herps!

That's so cool. Were these wild reptiles?

That's a great nursery! I wonder if it scares off some customers?

i'd become a regular

Yeah, I'm going again next week! Awesome thing is they also sell native carnivorous plants among other cool plants, so we'll be buying stuff.
And renenet, surprisingly everyone there was fascinated by the python! The sunshine coast seems to have a generally positive view on snakes.

I'm sure you don't need to be reminded, snakeluvver, but take your camera and get some pics - would love to see some!

I'm sure you don't need to be reminded, snakeluvver, but take your camera and get some pics - would love to see some!

I'll go tomorrow if I have time, I bet they'll be gone though! I got some crap blurry pics on my mums phone but you can barely see what they are because they were too high up.

lol and i treked through the bush all day and only found a skink.... lol

Whenever I go herping at a national park all I'll see is a skink as well, seriously every time its always just a skink lol changes from a Water skink to a murray skink. But if I go out somewhere not looking for herps im bound to find some.

hmmmm ..... mental note take camera everywhere I go.... Just in Case.

Just went back there today with a camera :)
The python had barely moved, you could see him under the roof through a crack in the wall. The lacie was still there and there were a couple of Water Dragons above the check out desk as well as a gecko (thats probably an AHG :()
Pics will be up soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back