Hey from Sydney

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Houdini

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've just joined here.

I've had my first reptile (a beardie) for about two months. He's plump and healthy now, settling in nicely. Hes about 4 months old, and 11.5" long.

I'd like a snake but my parents won't let me get one, so until I move out, i'll probably only have one lizard. I might post some pictures later, but i'm tired now, and Houdini is asleep so I can't get any current ones.

Cya round :)

Welcome to the site!
Don't worry about your parents. Just show them you are responsible and after a while of realising how much you want one....they will usually relent and allow you one.
And then they'll get hooked! :)

Welcome. Come on, you can't seriously think you will last that long without buying more herps, its an addiction!

Kane

Welcome to the site!
Don't worry about your parents. Just show them you are responsible and after a while of realising how much you want one....they will usually relent and allow you one.
And then they'll get hooked! :)

Yeah, well, i hope so. Nobody in my family ever really liked snakes, and last year we found a diamond python in our roof that almost got my brother's bird. now they hate snakes even more:x .

Yeah, I hope I can get more :D My dad says after a year of keeping him well I can get more reptiles, but my mum just says that 1 lizard is a lot of work, any more would be too much. still, I can keep begging.;)

Thanks for the welcome :)

Welcome! Let me say the sooner you move out of home the better. The very first thing i did when i moved out of home was purchase my snake, and to tell you the truth it was the best thing ever. I seriously cant believe why people think they are terrible creatures- my mother says my bredli has evil reptilian eyes and that is why she wont go near him. I think they just dont want to try to understand these reptiles and they would rather go on thinking that they are just alive to attack people.....very little do they know, plus they cant believe that my snake just wont bite them! Ahh ill educated people

Ok, now here's some pictures of my little houdini. They aren't completly current because he's shedding, and he doesn't look all pretty and gold. He'd kill me for posting pictures of him in a shed.

P3150038.jpg

His burrowing box:
P3030010.jpg

Nice and comfy sleeping...
P3170004.jpg

P3170007.jpg

P3090002.jpg

P3150043.jpg

And the good boy, he does eat his vegies :) But that's just today, and he isn't as gold as he normally is :p

P4110042.jpg

P3150037.jpg

welcome aboard the good ship APS. Nice looking dragon too

Firstly welcome to the site.

It is very informative and full of people with lots of knowledge they are willing to share. Thanks for the pics, he looks like quite a character. That is my favourite thing about beardies i reckon, they have personalities. I don't own any but would love to. Actually, come to think about it, I would happily own every reptile on this beautiful country, however money and space and time don't allow it.

I started with 1 snake, now own 3 and am in the process of building a purpose built herp room for future collection and breeding. Addictive - that ain't half of it.

Anyway, welcome aboard, ask lots of questions, post lots of pics and basically enjoy your time here!

Cheers

Mel

As a parent I think snakes are a great pet for kids who like them. They don't need a lot of attention - just keep their enclosure clean, feed 'em according to their routine and handle them according to the welfare of the snake (which maybe sometimes never). And they are absolutely beautiful!!!

(P.S. show this post to your mum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back