Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adreno16

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys, my name's beau, i am 16 and live in sydney. i have been thinking about getting a pet snake or reptile for a while now and just wondering what is the best begginers reptile, been thinkin of getting a children's or ball python. any help or information would be appreciated.
cheers

Welcome to APS
Ball pythons are exotic are not allowed in Aust - but a childreni should be a nice first snake.

cool, thx. what problems can arise when owning a childrens python and how hard is it to take care of. i just want to know what im letting myself in for if i do get one.

first of all you need a licence to keep them, you can download the form from the NPWS website... childrens pythons a relatively easy to keep, it would be a good first snake.

thx guys, what kinda of equipment am i going to need and what size enclosure for a childrens python.
thx again

why don't you go to wiki, click on reptile supply shops then go to herp shop and look up childrens python care sheet.
cheers.:)

Attachments

• P2050005.JPG
    P2050005.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 84
  • P3010003.JPG
    P3010003.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 75
thx mate. how much does an enclosure with the entire setup usually cost

just wondering, are bredli's good first snakes, i love thier colouring and pattern

Welcome to the site.
Theres a search function in the top menu bar where you can look for previous threads about all the questions you're asking for.
Btw.. hot name. :)

ok. speaking of heat, what is the best way to heat the enclosure and how do you keep it at that temerature.
thx

depending on what species of snake you want, and what kind of enclosure you want to get it will cost you between $450 - $1500 it all depends on what you're after.

To maintain the correct temperatures in an enclosure, you use a Thermostat, that controls the heating so if the temperature drops below a certain temperature it'll turn the heat source on, and then if it goes over that temperature it'll turn the heat source off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back