Hi Everyone

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea84

Reaction score
Hi everybody. How are you all?

I just got a new Murray Darling Python yesterday. He is so adorable. Id love to know if anyone has any tips on feeding, handling etc or any information about the snake itself . Thanks guys

hello and congratulations on getting your snake. Murry darlings are a great snake to keep. I have a pair myself of this years hatchlings. Is your snake feeding on pinky rats? Try to get it feeding on pinky rats asap and you will find it stays full for much longer then it would eating pinky mice. I feed most of my snakes with my hands but if you are concerned as to getting bitten you can buy a set of tweezers designed for reptile feeding.

in regards to handling you new addition, it is highly recommended that you let the little guy settle into his new home before you get him out for cuddles, leave him about 2-3 weeks to get used to the new smells etc.
I'm with Daniel on this, i used a set of surgical clamps (severe overkill) when i started to feed my little lady as you might find that he will be a lot more willing to get closer to a smaller heat source than the one emitted by your hand.
There is no rules to follow with handling aside from hygiene. if you can locate some stuff called Reptiwash, its great. just let them do their own thing and you and your little fella will do really well.

Can i ask how old and big he is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back