Hi From Sydney!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melanie

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I’ve joined to become better educated on caring for snakes in hope to keep one of my own very soon. So please feel free to message me with facts and tips. Thank you!

Hi Melanie. I'm new so will leave the advice to the ones in the know.
What sort of snake are you thinking about getting?
Bec.

Hi Bec,

I'm thinking about a carpet Python or Black headed Python, but nothing is set in concrete as yet so I'm keeping an open mind for other breeds as well.

I have a little spotted and he/she is great. Settled straight in and fed 3 days later. Not bitey at all.
I have a friend with a diamond and she said they are good. I think it comes down to the individual snake.
The only advice I could possible give is make sure you handle your chosen snake for a little while before you buy it.
Bec.

yeah all you have to do really is supply fresh water in a dish, mist daily, give a few-several crickets/roaches every 2-3 days and your fine:D

Thanks for the advise Bec, every little bit helps.

Geckos are so cute, Riley do they like being handled or do they try to run?

lol welcome .................... i just moved from wahroonga to kellyville

i really liked wahroonga and the ku ring gai national park,found a few herps around

Hi Melanie , & welcome from another Sydneyite.

Hey There,

Welcome To APS,

might just add im from Hornsby as well :p

Wow, I didn't think we had many herpetologists in this area. Most snakes are shipped from interstate, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back