Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Angel

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am so glad I have found this site. My name is Brigitte, I live in Melbourne and I am such a hatchling to all this (see I am learning already :p )

I have always had an interest in snakes and reptiles, but my son has a very strong interest in them. We live in a unit, so the question of a normal pet was out of the equation. We have now decided to go with a snake as our pet. Problem is, I have absolutely no idea about them and so this is all going to be a very big learning curb for me. I am reading as much as I can, but obviously things will crop up that need answers and so this site will be a very helpful tool for me. I have yet to obtain a licence, but am in the process of getting one. In the meantime, we are reading up on all that we need to know.

My son has his heart set on a children's python and I believe that will be a good starting point for him. I have also seen a diamond python for sale with an enclosure which I thought was a very good price, so I am furiously researching into them also.

No doubt I will be posting heaps of what would appear to be silly questions from time to time, but look forward to chatting on threads as well. So a big hello to you all.

Welcome 2 the site, Where abouts in melb u from

welcome briggite, a childrens is a very good starter snake.
i cant help you much with this species but many others will be able to help you out.

i brought my 6 yr old a childreni a few months ago, she was very snappy and bit me a few times but after a couple of months of being very patient with her, she has turned into a wonderful python. and my daughter can now hold her.
welcome to the site.......did u know the addiction has now begun :D
mel.

Yes, I felt the bug start creeping in when my son and I started visiting shops and looking around. It was always there, but I ignored it I think :lol:

I live in Bentleigh redline

welcome to the site

i hope you find all the information you need on purchasing your fist snake. there's alot of good people here to help you.

Hi Bridgette, and welcome to the site.. I to, am only quite new to this all and if there`s one big thing ive learnt from this site is that the only silly question is one thats not asked...

If all else fails there is always the search option.

One things for sure, if youve decided to buy a snake, hopefully your willpower is strong. Because 1 can easily become 5 snakes...

Hi Bridgette,
Welcome to the hobby.

Please please please, dont buy your first snake from a petshop, try and get it from one of the many reputable breeders in melbourne. Check the for sale section here, and im sure you will find many around that you can chat to.

Better prices, better service and overall better animals.

hi bridgette
welcome to the site

i got my first and third snakes from a petshop, nothing wrong with it, can be costly but i was lucky enough to get them on special and are the best snakes, they are a childrens python and a bredli, i have 2 childrens pythons, one from petshop, one from a breeder

enjoy

tracey

Why thank you all for the warm welcome, it seems like a really warm place in here (no pun intended)

I must admit, I was quite taken aback when the storekeeper took out the hatchling childrens and proceeded to drop it onto the concrete floor, then appeared to be guessing answers to some of my questions.

In my case, I think I would probably be better to buy from a breeder as I think they would take more time to answer the questions and know the correct answers.

Thanks for your tips so far

what petshop was this at bridgette ? i go to upmarket pets quite often, is where i got 2 of my snakes, amazing amazon is good also, was there last week

The one who dropped the hatchling was in Springvale Road, Springvale south. I cant recall the name right now

Thanks for the tip on Amazing Amazon

I also went to the one in Nepean Highway, Mentone. They seemed to know a lot more but were a bit busy to stand and chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back