Hi Im Thomas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My name is Thomas. Im 8 years old and love nature and the animals. Really love dinosaurs, but as i cant have one as a pet I'll have lizards instead. Im getting from mum and dad 2 beardies for xmas, I want to get my own lace monitor later on after i have my licence for the 2 years. Dad is wondering if a electric heated rock is enough for the beardies, or do we need a heat lamp. We are going to use his 1 metre fish tank for their house. Bye.

Hey Thomas,

too bad about the dinos! lizards are close enough and a bit easier to look after! a T. Rex would be hard to clean up after....

As for Heat light, My beardie loves his light, it more resembles the sun and he points his head up to it and flattens out his body. I havent had a heated rock before tho.

Happy Keeping!

You have to wait untill your 18 to have a lacie .. or 2 years if your over 18 to get you class 2 license.

welcome.

i think a heat light will be more suitable for bearded dragons as they love to bask.. in all of my
first hand experiences ive found that a heat light has been more succesful. Hey and welcome to aps :)

Yep a heat light is best, and you will need a source of UV lighting too,

Heat rocks can tend to injure animals I heard so the light is a better option.

Just have a branch or rock so they can get closer to the light if they want or not so close depending on what they like

You can get cheap globes from bunnings and places like that, reflector globes are about 6 or 7 dollars, better than paying 15 or more for a reptile branded one!

Welcome to the site dude ask all the question's you like and well do our best to answer them

welcome buddy! You're a lucky boy to have your parents giving you reptiles! It took me 2 years to convince my mum to let me have a snake. :)
good luck with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back