Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OzGecko

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just thought I would share some pics of a couple of Oedura castelnaui i bred earlier this year. Had two clutches and hatched them all out. Initially thought there was 2 of each, but unfortunately turned out to be 1 girl and 3 boys.

Daniel

Nice one Dan, really pretty looking geckoe, I'm sure you'll breed them again and hopefully get more females this time around....

Joel

Yeah, thanks Joel.
I was hoping for more females as I want to breed them back to their father. Below is a picture of him taken last year.

Thats all good, you can still tell that he has very nice colours.

I keep these guys on paper, but the adults are kept on a thin layer of compacted sand. They dont burrow, but it stops crickets hiding under paper. I just supply a nest box during the breeding season.

Here is a photo of another hold back. Kept some of these guys back to try to even up my sex ratio.

Daniel

what crazy grey eyes! Is that a young one? or one after a tail drop off? whats the common name for those?

I'm not a great fan of geckoes, but the one in those first pics is stunning :D

Do you have any other knob tailed species?
as i am in the market for some :D
cheers matt

Thankyou all for your comments,

Tatelina, that is a young one, about 7 months old and that is how their tail normally looks. Their common name is Centralian Rough (or Spiny) Knob-tail gecko. If you look closely you can see the "knob" at the very end of its tail. Most people refer to them as amyae from their scientific name Nephrurus amyae.

Neil, current thinking is that the male castelnaui is a hypo, thats why I am wanting to breed him to any female offspring to attempt to prove the trait. Fingers crossed.

Matt, I also keep asper, levis and stellatus.

rexs1, I'll let you know later if you are interested, as I have a few people already waiting.

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back